Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Cajun Food Anyone?
Quote | Reply
"A jaguar at the Audubon Zoo in New Orleans slipped out of its enclosure and went on a territorial killing rampage sometime overnight, attacking four alpacas, an emu and a fox trapped in their own habitats before zoo officials managed to sedate it.

The big cat was first reported missing at 7:20 a.m., before the zoo opened, officials said in a press release. By 8:15 it had been spotted, tranquilized and returned to its enclosure by veterinarians.

No humans were injured by the animal, although the circumstances of the escape sparked a worrisome thought at what might have been: The “jaguar jungle” is also home to a children’s play area.

In a news conference Saturday, zoo officials insisted the facility was safe for the general public, even though they wouldn’t say how the apex predator managed to escape and either kill or injure every alpaca on zoo property. (bold mine)

In addition to the slain animals, three other injured animals were being cared for."

"The great pleasure in life is doing what people say you cannot do."
Quote Reply
Re: Cajun Food Anyone? [jkca1] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply

Civilize the mind, but make savage the body.

- Chinese proverb
Quote Reply
Re: Cajun Food Anyone? [Duffy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Duffy wrote:
Quoting just because I love your new signature line...

I miss YaHey
Quote Reply
Re: Cajun Food Anyone? [jkca1] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
We were at the Jacksonville Zoo a few years ago. All the school kids were heading to the jaguar. There were two young ones. They decided they were going to eat the new fish that had been put into the enclosure. They ate 6 or 8 of them. At what was said $1500 each.

Jaguar are going to jaguar.

I'm beginning to think that we are much more fucked than I thought.
Quote Reply