Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Cyclist Jake sitler hit by car
Quote | Reply
I know some you guys on here know Jake so I thought I would fill you in. He was hit by a car that ran a light two days ago. I only know him because of mutual friends. I ran with one of them this morning. Jake has a broken back and will be in a immobilizer for some time..
The little I do talk to Jake I bug the shit out of him to come to triathlon.

Scary shit out there.
Quote Reply
Re: Cyclist Jake sitler hit by car [Fishbum] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I don't know him, but I'm sorry to hear that. Hopefully he can make a full recovery.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
i'd love to hear that he has appropriate resources for getting the best compensation for this collision
and
for recovering as completely as possible.

i bet there are people on these forums who know how to help or know others who do. i'm only 60-70 miles away if i can help in any way.
i also suspect firsthand details of the collision are not necessarily helpful to Jake's pursuit of just compensation despite wanting to understand how these things happen. best of luck to Jake with the recovery
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply

Ffs. I never got along with the guy when we were teammates but never want to hear about this happening. I hope he can make a fully recovery. He can ride his bike pretty damn well in whatever manner he chooses so if he crosses over to the tri world, people better keep their eyes and ears open for him.

Zwift looks better and better everyday.
Last edited by: Ohio_Roadie: Jul 14, 18 21:12
Quote Reply
Re: Cyclist Jake sitler hit by car [T3_Beer] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
T3_Beer wrote:
I don't know him, but I'm sorry to hear that. Hopefully he can make a full recovery.
I believe he's a runner turned roadie from what i would call the I-81 corridor (hour west of DC). Bursted onto the scene in 2013 (as a cat-5) and managed to become a pro. As i lived in Arlington then, his name was often on the top of result sheets of races in which i partook.

hope he recovers soon

add to that all the crashing during road racing, zwift indeed looks better and better...
Quote Reply
Re: Cyclist Jake sitler hit by car [Ohio_Roadie] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Hope to talk his dad today. I'll let you know if I have any updates.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Shiiiiiit noooooo. I watched him race at Armed Forces and cheered him on with his family. Gah :(

Level II USAT Coach | Level 3 USAC Coach | NASM-CPT
Team Zoot | Tailwind Trailblazer
I can tell you why you're sick, I just can't write you an Rx
Quote Reply