Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Musselman HIM 2018
Quote | Reply
Anybody doing Musselman this weekend?
Quote Reply
Re: Musselman HIM 2018 [ejd_mil] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I did the Mini today and will be volunteering on the run course tomorrow for the half.
Quote Reply
Re: Musselman HIM 2018 [rickt411] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Nice.

I will be doing it today. Bib 1152
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
My wife is racing right now.

"Suddenly the thought struck me. My floor is someone elses ceiling"-Nils Ferlin
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Good luck on your race! Did the mini yesterday; it's a beautiful course.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
ejd_mil wrote:
Anybody doing Musselman this weekend?

I started it. If you saw a bloody mess on the side of the road at mile 39 that was me.
Quote Reply
Re: Musselman HIM 2018 [tyme] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
What happened? I don't remember what was at mile 39...
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
ejd_mil wrote:
What happened? I don't remember what was at mile 39...

You came up from Keyuka Lake then mad a turn onto 96 I think. There was a long straight gradual downhill. Hit a groove in the road that was parallel with an right next to the white line. I heard at least 2 other people wrecked on the same stretch of road.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Oh my!! Really sorry.

Mile 39 should have been after the "climb" and close to where we had to make a right, then a left (after 200yards), And then another right (again after 200 yards). I think, dunno...

Are you ok? Hopefully, nothing too serious. Bike crashes suck, no two ways about it.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Thats awful! hope you are OK.

I live right down the road from that course - the roads are always terrible around here. Those trouble spots need to be better marked - I know they try their best, but it could still be better.

Love the run course (haven't raced since 2016 though)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
ejd_mil wrote:
Oh my!! Really sorry.

Mile 39 should have been after the "climb" and close to where we had to make a right, then a left (after 200yards), And then another right (again after 200 yards). I think, dunno...

Are you ok? Hopefully, nothing too serious. Bike crashes suck, no two ways about it.

Yes that is pretty much right. It was not long after making that last right onto 96A. I have a slight AC Joint separation in the shoulder and a ton of road rash. The road rash in a few places is healing way faster than it was supposed to, but that makes me happy. Hopefully know more in a couple weeks. Think me SC frame might be toast, but not sure yet.

Shaman wrote:
Thats awful! hope you are OK.

I live right down the road from that course - the roads are always terrible around here. Those trouble spots need to be better marked - I know they try their best, but it could still be better.

Love the run course (haven't raced since 2016 though)

They had a most of the bad stuff marked, but there were some spots on 96A that were not marked. I hit one of those. It was just past a convenience store or something like that. Did not get to the run course obviously :-p
Last edited by: tyme: Jul 23, 18 13:28
Quote Reply