Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: 5'3" looking for a P3 replacement [Spoili007] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Why are you being an ass when we're honestly trying to help you?

Don't answer it was rhetorical
Last edited by: jaretj: Jul 16, 18 6:21
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
To answer a couple of your questions out of the gate:

Do a couple of mm in frame stack/reach matter?
It all depends on the also selected cockpit/stem/spacer combination in order to hit the numbers that matter, which are your pad stack and pad reach.

What's pad stack/reach?
Pad stack and reach are calculated using the same methodology as frame stack and reach, except we're measuring to the actual aerobar pad location. Without knowing your pad stack and reach, trying to discuss frame stack and reach is basically a meaningless exercise. What frame stack/reach you need is predicated off of whatever the actual contact point (pad stack and reach) are.

----------------------------------
Editor-in-Chief, Slowtwitch.com | Twitter
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Quote:
What’s ment by Pad x/y?

I figured a direct answer to this might be best.

Your pad X/Y is the distance, both length and height, your pads are from your Bottom Bracket. Frame stack and reach, frame Y and X, respectively, is the distance to where your stem/steering device attaches to your frame.

How you can easily come up with these numbers?

For Pad X: Place a bike so that the rear tire sits against a wall. Measure from the wall, that your tire is resting against to the center of the Bottom Bracket. Then measure from the wall, again with tire still pressed up against the wall, to the center of the pads. Now subtract those two numbers and you will have your Pad Reach.

For Pad Y: Measure from the center of your BB to the floor. Measure from the pad to the floor. Subtract these two numbers and you will have your Pad Stack

My YouTubes

Last edited by: LAI: Jul 16, 18 6:35
Quote Reply
Re: 5'3" looking for a P3 replacement [rrheisler] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
[url https://forum.slowtwitch.com/forum/?username=LAI wrote:
LAI[/url]]
You're leaving out the stem stack height on your P3 which is likely around 35mm on the short side, if it's at least a 0º rise, which would add 17.5mm to your frame's stack just to the center of the bar your using. And if you have some ultra low setup bar then you're likely another 25mm to your pad height, which Premier is giving you in their chart. So, your pad Y would be 527 if the above bits are accurate.

[url https://forum.slowtwitch.com/forum/?username=jaretj wrote:
jaretj[/url]]
Why are you being an ass when we're honestly trying to help you?

Don't answer it was rhetorical

[url https://forum.slowtwitch.com/forum/?username=rrheisler wrote:
rrheisler[/url]]
What's pad stack/reach?
Pad stack and reach are calculated using the same methodology as frame stack and reach, except we're measuring to the actual aerobar pad location. Without knowing your pad stack and reach, trying to discuss frame stack and reach is basically a meaningless exercise. What frame stack/reach you need is predicated off of whatever the actual contact point (pad stack and reach) are.

I'm not against anything but I asked for something to decide between A and B and with no explanation I get multiple referrals to C.
First of all, I dont know what is meant by Pad stack reach XY (EDIT: I realize that i received an answer to that while i write - thanks a lot!!). Of coures I read the instruction here but still couldnt work out what exactly is meant by that. Secondly I'm not really in 650c for some reasons. That might be illogical but thats me and therefore I came here and asked. I just hate when people dont listen and simply promote their own stuff or justify their own decision by mantra-alike telling everyone about their smart purchase. Don't get me wrong, maybe that particular bike is the best from the best and now I'll miss that out. Maybe. But it looks like there are enough alternatives out there.

I"ll go and measure tonight my PAD XY and take it from there.

BTW, on the roadbike side I have Cervelo S5 (previously R3,S2), Dogma F10 and at least a dozen steel bikes.Most of that are my own built s and I do this for 2 decades.
Its not that I'm totally new to this. I just struggle with the TT and the perfect setup.
peace!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
so,
here we go:

my X (STACK) is 558
my Y (REACH) is 406
Last edited by: Spoili007: Jul 16, 18 7:36
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Spoili007 wrote:
so,
here we go:

my X (STACK) is 558
my Y (REACH) is 406

Based off that photo, if your fit is where you want it, then I would say there is no need to go 650. And both the bikes above will work with the bar and stem you're running. You should be able to either adjust the cups aft to mimic your current setup on the Andean and or simply move where you place your elbow (if on pad).

That being said, your P3 is hot. If I were you, I'd go to something cleaner for a front end, e.g. Alpha X. Probably lead you to have to pedestal up a bit, but that should be faster than what you have by a large margin.

eta: even if your fit is not where you want it the Alpha X and or Alpha One would allow you to come down and stretch out.....the inline clamps (for the Alpha X) would give you the cleanest setup, but undermount is fine too.

My YouTubes

Last edited by: LAI: Jul 16, 18 8:22
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I am a smidge taller than you (just under 5'4") and also have short arms and legs with a long body. I'm now on a size 51 Felt IA, which is super comfortable and handles like a dream.
Quote Reply
Re: 5'3" looking for a P3 replacement [LAI] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
LAI wrote:
trimon wrote:
No-one seems to have noted that the stack on the Premier Tactical XS is 500, (though I note that is for pad stack, so maybe you can get it lower?) which is too high for the OP, unless the bike that is coming in September is an XXS???

This is Pad Stack making this bike much, much lower than any of the other bikes listed above as they are listing frame stack. Depending on stem/bars used this could be several CMs difference.

My comment was partially because i was not entirely clear, whether it was frame stack or pad stack.

Comment for Dan. I do think the stack listing on the bike fit page needs clearing up, as the first diagram just states stack, but with a qualification for reach that it is measured to the centre of pads. Then the next table lists stack, again without qualifying what that is, and going by Slowman's recommendation, pad Y is not equal to stack. To quote our meister:
"Why do I call it Pad Y? I could call it Pad Stack, but I like to preserve Stack and Reach as specific terms of art that relate to other measures."

It is only in the bottom diagram that the picture shows it as being pad stack.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
My wife went from a 48cm P3 to a 46cm Ventum and is super happy. Fits her much better and she's significantly faster on the Ventum. Another major benefit to the Ventum is the comfort... it's just very comfortable yet stiff (you'll notice it when you accelerate and on descents).

"Suddenly the thought struck me. My floor is someone elses ceiling"-Nils Ferlin
Quote Reply

Prev Next