Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Lap Swim in San Antonio
Quote | Reply
     I'll be in San Antonio 7/30 - 8/3 staying in the area of Babcock Rd/Prue Rd. I see on swimmnersguide.com there is an L.A. Fitness and a Gold's Gym nearby with pools. Are one of these better than the other in terms lane availability, general cleanliness, safe locale? Are there any other pools in the vicinity that I'm not seeing on swimmersguide that would be recommended above the aforementioned?

Thanks
Trav

Quote | Reply
Try the USMS places to Swim page. Even if you aren’t a masters member, it will give you a general idea for some of the better pools for lap swim.

https://twitter.com/mungub
Quote Reply
Re: Lap Swim in San Antonio [mungub50] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
mungub50 wrote:
Try the USMS places to Swim page. Even if you aren’t a masters member, it will give you a general idea for some of the better pools for lap swim.

That was my first stop. If I'm using it correctly I didn't see anything near where I'll be staying. Appreciate the suggestion.

Trav

Quote | Reply
There is a Lifetime Fitness at 1604 and I-10
Quote Reply
Re: Lap Swim in San Antonio [travisml] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
There is a LAFitness at the intersection of 1604 & Potranco. It is an indoor facility with 3 lanes. Hot tub right beside it. They do swim training for young children during the weekend, so get there early or late.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
The pool at Gold's on Prue is fine (not great, not bad). My experience has been there are usually lanes available, although I haven't been there in the summer in a while so I don't know if that changes based on the season.

There's also an outdoor 25m pool at Gold's in the Medical Center. At peak post-work times it's sometimes hard to get or split a lane.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Been a long time since I've been but I used a Y pool downtown; it wasn't far from the Riverwalk Marriott where I was staying and it was good.

"You can never win or lose if you don't run the race." - Richard Butler

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
https://www.swimmersguide.com/

I travel quite extensively for work. I use this website all of the time.
Quote Reply