Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Ultimate Volunteer: Saman Kunan RIP- Boys are all out of Thai Cave
Quote | Reply
I did not see a thread on here about fellow triathlete and Thai Navy Seal Saman Kunan.

The 12 boys and their coach are out. but Saman Kunan has left us in his selfless volunteering to save their lives. He is one of "us" driven the the desire to improve himself through triathlon, but in a totally different category of selflessness. Thanks to the entire international team, the Thai Navy Seals and Saman's family for their sacrifice.

In a weird way, he "figured out" for the rescue team where they need additional oxygen to get all the boys out.

We all have to go and don't get to pick the timing of when. Some of us live longer, some shorter, but really our impact on humanity is the legacy of what we do with the limited time here. Saman, you did awesome! We'll see you for a training swim, ride or run on the other side.
Last edited by: devashish_paul: Jul 10, 18 5:10
Quote Reply
Re: Ultimate Volunteer: Saman Kunan RIP- Boys are all out of Thai Cave [devashish_paul] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Well said, Dev. There aren’t enough people out there who put others ahead of themselves - he was one.

Blog: http://262toboylstonstreet.blogspot.com/
https://twitter.com/NateThomasTri
Coaching: https://bybtricoaching.com/ - accepting athletes for 2023
Quote Reply
Re: Ultimate Volunteer: Saman Kunan RIP- Boys are all out of Thai Cave [devashish_paul] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Yes, thanks for sharing. I didn’t realize he was a triathlete. Rescue work is dangerous, and his actions helped those folks stay alive and ultimately get out. Go in peace Saman.

Aaron Bales
Lansing Triathlon Team
Quote Reply
Re: Ultimate Volunteer: Saman Kunan RIP- Boys are all out of Thai Cave [MI_Mumps] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
thanks for sharing ! RIP Saman!
Quote Reply
Re: Ultimate Volunteer: Saman Kunan RIP- Boys are all out of Thai Cave [MI_Mumps] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
MI_Mumps wrote:
Yes, thanks for sharing. I didn’t realize he was a triathlete. Rescue work is dangerous, and his actions helped those folks stay alive and ultimately get out. Go in peace Saman.

As a diver who has dove in some caves - not far in mind you - always want to see the entrance. Mad respect for this guy and the entire time. To be one of the first in there. In a cave system that isnt big and not really meant to be dove - with flood water and current and vis at 0% - it took some LARGE kahones to do that. However - looking at the pics of him - if there was anyone who Id want to try and rescue me - it would be a guy with that physique and athleticism.

Respect. Absolute respect for all of them.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Dev-

Is there a story you can link to? I did a quick search, but everything I found were very cursory in their mention of "the Navy Seal that passed away." None even mentioned his name, nor the specific circumstances of his passing. Odd, but maybe I didn't search hard enough.
Quote Reply
Re: Ultimate Volunteer: Saman Kunan RIP- Boys are all out of Thai Cave [Tom_hampton] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I got the images off the Thai Ultra Tri Facebook page. Probably the main stories don't reflect the triathlon angle, just the Navy Seal side

Dev
Quote Reply
Re: Ultimate Volunteer: Saman Kunan RIP- Boys are all out of Thai Cave [Tom_hampton] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
well said; all the rescuers were so brave.

maybe she's born with it, maybe it's chlorine
If you're injured and need some sympathy, PM me and I'm very happy to write back.
disclaimer: PhD not MD
Quote Reply