Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Gwen FloTrack Article
Quote | Reply
Good article about Gwen’s marathon training the last five months:

https://www.flotrack.org/...in-marathon-build-up

A couple of takeaways: 1. She continues to look long term and trust in the process 2. The goal is to ramp mileage up to the 140’s by the fall 3. Her recent races have all come with still quite a bit of mileage in her legs
Quote Reply
Re: Gwen FloTrack Article [jbailey500] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Gwen always struck me as a thoughtful low key yet intense athlete. I wish her nothing but the best. But i still cant wrap around my head her proclamation, goal or whatever you want to call it. If she pulls it off it will be amazing but i have trouble believing she can qualify for the Olympics let alone win gold!
Quote Reply
Re: Gwen FloTrack Article [Pat0] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Pat0 wrote:
Gwen always struck me as a thoughtful low key yet intense athlete. I wish her nothing but the best. But i still cant wrap around my head her proclamation, goal or whatever you want to call it. If she pulls it off it will be amazing but i have trouble believing she can qualify for the Olympics let alone win gold!

It's a goal, not a prediction. She's a real long shot just to make the Olympic team, let alone win gold, but you've got to admire her for taking such a big risk. Plus setting such a big goal is good marketing. She's clearly a very talented runner but still has a long way to go to be a real threat to Hasay, Cragg, etc. but it will be very interesting to watch and I wish her well.
Quote Reply