Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Vision's new aerobar and extension (Metron TFA) [Kevin@VisionUSA] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Ah that's a real shame. Is there any other separate stem set up of Vision's that might work with the trimax bars?

Ideally it would still enable me me to route the other cables out the back of the stem

Otherwise i guess it's keeping the front brake external

Thanks for responding anyway
Last edited by: billythestick: Jul 14, 21 10:04
Quote Reply
Re: Vision's new aerobar and extension (Metron TFA) [Kevin@VisionUSA] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I looked at the diagrams online and it appears that these extensions are compatible with the Argon E-119, I probably should have asked that earlier! Are they compatible with the current base plate and would just be plug and play?

Washed up footy player turned Triathlete.
Quote Reply
Re: Vision's new aerobar and extension (Metron TFA) [TheStroBro] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
The TFE extensions are not compatible with the base bar on an Argon 18. At this time we do not have an adapter to allow them to fit. Our speed extension will fit any standard 22.2 extension mounts.
Quote Reply
Re: Vision's new aerobar and extension (Metron TFA) [billythestick] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
billythestick wrote:
Ah that's a real shame. Is there any other separate stem set up of Vision's that might work with the trimax bars?

Ideally it would still enable me me to route the other cables out the back of the stem

Otherwise i guess it's keeping the front brake external

Thanks for responding anyway

Yes, the ACR stems
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Congrats on the TDF TT win with your TFE extensions! What is needed to put them on the Cervelo P5 disc? I’m assuming the EX10 tilt conversion kit was used? Anything else needed to put them on the P5 disc?
Quote Reply
Re: Vision's new aerobar and extension (Metron TFA) [TPerry] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
TPerry wrote:
Congrats on the TDF TT win with your TFE extensions! What is needed to put them on the Cervelo P5 disc? I’m assuming the EX10 tilt conversion kit was used? Anything else needed to put them on the P5 disc?

Those were full custom, all you need to put them on a P5D is to give lots of money to speedbar/carbonwasp etc
(Vision not offering custom setups to the public as far as I know)
Last edited by: cyclenutnz: Jul 19, 21 22:17
Quote Reply
Re: Vision's new aerobar and extension (Metron TFA) [TPerry] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
At this time we do not have a solution available to mount the TFE's to a Cervelo base bar. Those were custom extension and adapters.

Kevin
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Hi Kevin, i have an old speedconcept 7.0 from 2014, can i upgrade the basic cockpit with the Metron TFA? thnx
Quote Reply
Re: Vision's new aerobar and extension (Metron TFA) [evilactivities] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I believe your bike has a Trek specific stem that can not be replaced. If you are able to email me clear pictures of your handlebar/ stem combo I can confirm. Kevin@fullspeedahead.com
Quote Reply
Re: Vision's new aerobar and extension (Metron TFA) [evilactivities] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
evilactivities wrote:
Hi Kevin, i have an old speedconcept 7.0 from 2014, can i upgrade the basic cockpit with the Metron TFA? thnx

what you have with that bike is a stem that is specific to that bike, and cannot be swapped for another. on that stem goes the base bar. on the base bar goes the pedestal. on the pedestal goes the monoextension. all these parts are congruent with each other, but not with anything else. in my imagination i can't see how any other front end will work on that bike, but it's possible there's something i don't see.

Dan Empfield
aka Slowman
Quote Reply
Re: Vision's new aerobar and extension (Metron TFA) [Slowman] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Looks like a fairly standard stem on the 7.0. https://archive.trekbikes.com/..._concept_7_0/details. The 7.5 has a unique stem. https://archive.trekbikes.com/..._concept_7_5/details
Quote Reply
Re: Vision's new aerobar and extension (Metron TFA) [jwmott] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
jwmott wrote:
Looks like a fairly standard stem on the 7.0. https://archive.trekbikes.com/..._concept_7_0/details. The 7.5 has a unique stem. https://archive.trekbikes.com/..._concept_7_5/details

ah. sorry. in my head was the carbon superbike speed concept. carry on.

Dan Empfield
aka Slowman
Quote Reply
Re: Vision's new aerobar and extension (Metron TFA) [Slowman] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Also interested in the answer for the trek speed concept. I have a 2016 7.0. The statement above is correct in that it comes with a standard 1 1/8” stem. All the cables (front brake excluded) are router through the frame behind the stem. So just a matter of stem clearance?
Last edited by: ReasonableRob: Jan 16, 22 18:38
Quote Reply
Re: Vision's new aerobar and extension (Metron TFA) [ReasonableRob] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I have a 2016 Felt IA FRD. Will the TFA work this frame? Clearance looks like it might be close.
Quote Reply
Re: Vision's new aerobar and extension (Metron TFA) [Alpinist909] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
You would be better off with the Si013 bar which uses a standard 31.8 clamping surface and the IA stem from Felt. The TFA will not have a mount point for your IA nose cone and you would need to modify the nose cone to fit the TFA stem body and to mount the nose cone.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
@Kevin - I just got a QR X-PR. From the looks of it, I should be able to fit the TFA basebar into the X-PR (I think it is used on the higher end model, V-PR). Or am I mistaken with this assumption.
Also, does Vision Tech sell the pieces/parts that would let me use the Profile Design Aeria from hydration with the TFA.
Quote Reply
Re: Vision's new aerobar and extension (Metron TFA) [jeyps11_c] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
The part you're after is an adaptor made by QR to fit the HSF clip on to the snakebite stem. You would need to ask QR customer service whether you can purchase it.
X-PR and V-PR are the same frame, so can use the same bars.
Quote Reply
Re: Vision's new aerobar and extension (Metron TFA) [cyclenutnz] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
cyclenutnz wrote:
The part you're after is an adaptor made by QR to fit the HSF clip on to the snakebite stem. You would need to ask QR customer service whether you can purchase it.
X-PR and V-PR are the same frame, so can use the same bars.

Yup, reached out to QR. Unfortunately they don't sell that adaptor as an aftermarket piece or a spare part.
It only comes with the V-PR when you purchase the bike with the Aeria HSF hydration.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Any updates on a BTA mounting solution for these aerobars?
Quote Reply
Re: Vision's new aerobar and extension (Metron TFA) [Th4ddy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Our Metron front hydration system has an adapter that replaces a spacer on the TFA or Si013. This is adapter also works with our Metron hydration extension mount and would allow you to mount a standard bottle cage. If that is not what you are looking for please provide specific details and I can forward them on to our development team.

Metron front hydration

Adapter

Metron Hydration extension mount
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
That's exactly what I was looking for. So you can either mount this onto the extensions or use it in conjunction with these to mount a standard bottle cage BTA.
Quote Reply
Re: Vision's new aerobar and extension (Metron TFA) [Th4ddy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
That will fit any round extension. If you have a TFA or Si013 bar that adapter will take the place of a 5mm spacer and replace the extension mounting point.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I'm thinking of using these on a 2022 Merida Timewarp Tri disc, in order to drop the pad stack, but it's not clear to me that it will fit, without the underside of the stem hitting the front of the headtube. Any way I can figure this out/this can be confirmed, Kevin?
Quote Reply
Re: Vision's new aerobar and extension (Metron TFA) [Nereth] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
The TFA will not fit. The Merida Timewarp uses a custom base bar.

Kevin
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Has anyone ever installed this setup on a Cervelo P5-6 and replacing the 3T Aura base bar with this? I'm curious on routing the rear hydraulic brake cable that goes through the Aura base bar and also covers the hole in the frame. Any info appreciated. Thanks.
Quote Reply

Prev Next