Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: with e-bikes becoming more integrated and less obvious to the casual glance... [caverunner17] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
caverunner17 wrote:
In the end, does it really matter, outside of awards? Personally, Tris are an individual sport. I'm looking to better myself from my previous races. I doubt these stealth E-Bikes will make a difference for the FOP folks as I believe most of them stop working at around 20MPH. So then you're looking at some age group awards (potentially). Possibly just create a new division for those on eBikes?

I would be for creating a division of e-bikers, of course sans awards because then it becomes whoever can buy the strongest motor. To your point about bettering yourself, I'm not sure how you do it but I like to look at each individual piece and see how I ranked within my AG. So if e-bikers were simply allowed into my AG, that would muddy up those results as well as the run, of course not as much. I don't often do the same race twice but when I do, time is not really an indicator of improvement given the day's conditions year to year.

808 > NYC > PDX > YVR
2024 Races: Taupo
Quote Reply
Re: with e-bikes becoming more integrated and less obvious to the casual glance... [Timtek] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Timtek wrote:
Checking them isn’t as easy as it sounds. UCI has a wagon they tow around with an Xray machine installed. Until someone invents a handheld device it’s basically going to be the honor system.
Interestingly, at ITU Montreal last year they were randomly pulling some bikes (including my friend's) aside at check-in to scan them for motors with something that looked like an iPad. Hope more races start doing this, given the appearance of some of the e-bikes in this thread. Wow...
Quote Reply
Re: with e-bikes becoming more integrated and less obvious to the casual glance... [glaukopes] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
This is the end of civilization as we know it.
Quote Reply

Prev Next