Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Newport Dunes Triathlon at the Newport Dunes Waterfront Resort
Quote | Reply
Anyone has any inside info re: this - https://event.racereach.com/newport-dunes-triathlon ?
Having been to this location a few times, I think that this can be a good venue, at least for the swim and the run.

Next races on the schedule: none at the moment
Last edited by: alex_korr: Jul 9, 18 6:57
Quote Reply
Re: Newport Dunes Triathlon at the Newport Dunes Waterfront Resort [alex_korr] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
hmmm, interesting. when I first saw your post, I assumed it was the usual race there, that's put on by a race director with a bit of (bad) history with several race venues, but it isn't.

This looks like its being organized by the head of California Triathlon club. They have experience with another race they manage at Castaic Lake (IIRC).

I'm not sure how many people will be at this race, maybe 200 I guess, but that back bay trail would be pretty messy with racers doing 3 loops.

--------------------------------------------
TEAM F3 Undurance
Quote Reply
Post deleted by windschatten [ In reply to ]
Re: Newport Dunes Triathlon at the Newport Dunes Waterfront Resort [windschatten] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Interesting. What do you think of the Trick or Tri in Irwindale? The bike course is also a 3 loop thing....

Next races on the schedule: none at the moment
Quote Reply
Re: Newport Dunes Triathlon at the Newport Dunes Waterfront Resort [alex_korr] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I've enjoyed that race in the past, but stopped when they went to two-way traffic on Back Bay Road. It's too narrow and twisty, making passing a dangerous affair. The water is nasty - it's very briney and the water quality isn't anywhere near good. Don't do it with any cuts and rinse your mouth out afterwards before swallowing anything. The run is an exciting jaunt around a trailer park - enjoy the views!

That said, there is a series there every Thrusday night during the summer called Coveathlon. It's a 1k swim and 3 mile run which is nearly the same course as the tri. I competed last year and would this year except I'm injured and can't run, but I do the swim part anyway.

Proud member of FISHTWITCH: doing a bit more than fish exercise now.
Quote Reply