Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Cleveland AGNC course - hill on run?
Quote | Reply
Course maps for Cleveland are up here. We were in Cleveland a few months ago and I checked out the park and surrounding area. It looks like a nice spot for the race. From my memory and the course maps, there must be a decent little hill on the run from transition to Upper Edgewater. Is that right? Should be fun!

Aaron Bales
Lansing Triathlon Team
Quote Reply
Re: Cleveland AGNC course - hill on run? [MI_Mumps] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
The bike course looks awesome. The run does as well, but I hate 180 degree turn arounds. I know its just one, but they throw me off. I'm curious what the water will be like up there - do you think it will be non wetsuit?

Use this link to save $5 off your USAT membership renewal:
https://membership.usatriathlon.org/...A2-BAD7-6137B629D9B7
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Looks like it, although from street view doesn't look like a serious hill, but should still be fun. I'm personally looking forward to that flyover right before the finish. Hopefully it's plenty tall and steep, perfect for throwing off your rhythm *right* before the finish, should be fun!
Quote Reply
Re: Cleveland AGNC course - hill on run? [FishOutofWater] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Water temp should be between 74-76 so technically would be WS legal.
Last edited by: dmagic17: Jul 12, 18 9:58
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
MI_Mumps wrote:
Course maps for Cleveland are up here. We were in Cleveland a few months ago and I checked out the park and surrounding area. It looks like a nice spot for the race. From my memory and the course maps, there must be a decent little hill on the run from transition to Upper Edgewater. Is that right? Should be fun!

Yes there is a bit of a hill. Not much on a training run, at speed it will hurt, at least it is short. There is a second little hill per lap coming back from the northern turnaround loop. Shorter, but similar pitch if I recall correctly. The last mile is flat or downhill except for the flyover bridge.

FYI, the elevation chart for the bike should be flipped, it is backward at least based on the map direction arrows. I sent USAT an email. If you download the course to Garmin there is a feature to reverse the course, I had to do this to get the direction right.
Quote Reply
Re: Cleveland AGNC course - hill on run? [Stelvio] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thanks all - should be interesting! I’m doing the sprint, so seeing everything just once. Very excited to have this for the next 3 years.

Aaron Bales
Lansing Triathlon Team
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Actually, now that I look at it, I'm pretty sure they messed up the elevation going over the bridge too. Shows a little downhill over the bridge, then back up before coming down, but I'm fairly sure it's just up and over the bridge.
Quote Reply
Re: Cleveland AGNC course - hill on run? [FishOutofWater] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I noticed that too, agreed not sure that dip is correct. I just assumed I was forgetting, its been quite a while since I have driven on that road.

The more I look at it I think it is a mapping error. If you zoom in the "dip" is right over the river.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Stelvio wrote:
FYI, the elevation chart for the bike should be flipped, it is backward at least based on the map direction arrows. I sent USAT an email. If you download the course to Garmin there is a feature to reverse the course, I had to do this to get the direction right.

Update: Should have posted this a while back. USAT updated the elevation chart and the downloadable Garmin file shortly after my email/post above.
Quote Reply