Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

recording HR with Scosche Rhythm 24 and uploading in into the Garmin universe? And using HRV?
Quote | Reply
Anyone know how to record HR during a swim with the Scosche Rhythm 24 and then upload it to the Garmin universe, ideally through a Garmin watch? I poked around on here and DCR and the Rhythm website, but wasn't able to answer this question. As best I can discern, for now it appears it may only be possible to upload recorded HR files through the RhythmSync app, so there's no (or no easy) way to get that data into the Garmin universe.

Secondarily, the heart rate variability (HRV) mode in the RhythmSync is apparently only to "Capture HRV data, transmit to HRV apps to analyze results." Ray (DCR) mentioned this was only to be used at rest. There's no further information in any of the user materials. Anyone know whether one needs to record HRV or the app records it when put in this mode, and how that data might be exported into a relevant app to be analyzed, and what the spectrum of free or non-free apps for this purpose might be?

I'm (fairly) enthusiastic about my original Rhythm+, and I figured the 24 would generate more accurate data and have some cool features to boot (ability to record during swims and HRV analysis). But I'm getting the vibe (based on the above and also various reports of issues and breakage) that this may be more of a beta product and I might have jumped the gun as an early adopter.
Quote Reply
Re: recording HR with Scosche Rhythm 24 and uploading in into the Garmin universe? And using HRV? [niccolo] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
The swim HR function is totally jacked up. Oddly, it may work for open water swims. I have not figured out any way to get the HR data into Garmin. If you donth internal storage thing, you can upload just the HR data into Training Peaks to at least chart it. I am hoping Scosche gets the swimHR cache and forward working soon.

Garmin has an HRV app built in to most of the new watches. It is simple, but the data do not go anywhere. I use the Elite HRV app. It is kinda cool.
Quote Reply
Re: recording HR with Scosche Rhythm 24 and uploading in into the Garmin universe? And using HRV? [niccolo] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
He’ll I just want to use it as a real time HRM over 8 plus hours. They fixed the calorie issue but then mine cracked like many others. They are replacing it. But still
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
No idea. I put the HR field on the 920's indoor swim mode and it displayed heart rate between intervals but when I uploaded the swim nothing. I don't have an iPhone so the app is a no go. It won't even load on an iPad. I've never understood why android is the last to get support when there far more of them out there.

"...the street finds its own uses for things"
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Can't speak to your swim query but the guys at HRV4Training have a blog post regarding using the Rhythm 24 with their HRV app with some good results.

https://www.hrv4training.com/blog/scosches-rhythm24-heart-rate-variability
Quote Reply
Re: recording HR with Scosche Rhythm 24 and uploading in into the Garmin universe? And using HRV? [markso1077] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
markso1077 wrote:
Can't speak to your swim query but the guys at HRV4Training have a blog post regarding using the Rhythm 24 with their HRV app with some good results.

https://www.hrv4training.com/blog/scosches-rhythm24-heart-rate-variability

Interesting. It's not totally obvious to me how to implement this--the RhythmSync app has a HRV mode, but it's not obvious that it's recording when in that mode or how to send the data to a HRV app. But maybe the app would clarify that? And mechanics aside, the fact that these guys gave it a solid review is promising.
Quote Reply
Re: recording HR with Scosche Rhythm 24 and uploading in into the Garmin universe? And using HRV? [AutomaticJack] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I'm guessing that uploading recorded (rather than live-streamed) data will require either a ConnectIQ app for a Garmin watch or some novel way of unloading the data directly into Garmin Connect. I'm also guessing that you can't both live-stream data to the watch and record it. So for swimming, you can either see your HR during breaks when your watch and HRM are above water, or you can record the full workout, but not both. I'm guessing these functionalities are still in development, Scosche could probably have been clearer about that when they launched the device.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I'm replying to all of these old threads because I think I found a workaround to overlay HR data from Rhythm24 onto a Garmin .fit file. There may be other ways to do it, but the one I'm using is with an app called "Fit File Repair Tool", at the link below. It's really pretty simple. Note that it is $50 for a license, but I've used it for a lot of different data editing things, so it's been worth the investment for me.
You first import the primary activity file, then import the Rhythm24 file using the "Merge Mode". After a couple quick box checks, export as a .fit file and import into Garmin Connect (or whatever other data manager you choose).
https://www.fitfilerepairtool.info/

---------------------------------------------------------------

https://connect.garmin.com/modern/profile/domingjm
Quote Reply