Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Science SCHMIENCE. . .(RANT)
Quote | Reply
Don't get me wrong, a bit of timely science goes a long way in improving athletic performance. It just seems to me that too many folks can't see the forest for the trees. We spend more time debating supposed some supposed 3 second advantage that the sport gets lost in the mix. Splitting hairs may mean something if you plan on challenging Reid and Deboom for the IMH title or standing on next year's Olympic podium. As for me, the more I try to split hairs, the less I enjoy the sport.
Quote Reply
Re: Science SCHMIENCE. . .(RANT) [TriBriGuy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Quote:
the less I enjoy the sport

I believe the 'I' is the operative word here. Some people clearly get enjoyment out of 'splitting hairs'. Others get enjoyment out of posting the classic 'training matters, not equipment' post, usually seen several times a day on this forum.

The great thing about the internet is that one persons 'useless' posts, usually provides fodder for someone elses equally worthless retort, and we all get to decide for ourselves how to define worthless.

Scott
Quote Reply
Re: Science SCHMIENCE. . .(RANT) [smartin] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I think it goes in cycles. Sometimes you have more of a science emphasis ... sometimes more on the art.

It's being flexible in your training.

=======================
-- Every morning brings opportunity;
Each evening offers judgement. --
Quote Reply