Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Slow, Fast? Short, Long? On,Off?
Quote | Reply
Since I'm relatively new here, I sometimes get the impression that I've stumbled into a group of semi-pros, with all this talk of P3s and carbo-this & carbo-that. So, just to get a feel for things and to get a rough idea of what level people are at, can you reply and state what sort of triathlons you do, are you any good (newbie/pro), and do you prefer on or off-road?

To start the ball rolling...

Total newbie (have yet to do a tri)
NNot sure whether I'd do on or off-road. Both equally interesting at the moment.
Quote Reply
Re: Slow, Fast? Short, Long? On,Off? [WebSwim] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I am the best triathlete ever to live in my house, and i would go so far to say that holds for this side of the street as well, but not the other. (we built on a new street in a new neighborhood, so i think i am safe in making this statement)

I am slow and heading into my second season - 4 sprints and one half.

Since i will never be fast, I keep a razor-sharp focus on "looking" fast.

jg

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
What is this triathlon thing you speak of?

"your horse is too high" - tigerchik
Quote Reply
Re: Slow, Fast? Short, Long? On,Off? [Hid] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I think it's what gets discussed when we've run out of Bushisms and relationship issues ;-)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
i'm an olympic-distance guy, and soon (maybe in the fall) i'll be trying my hand at half-IMs. i'm not quite fast, but even as a MOPer, i can still run circles around my fraternity brothers, and i'd rather develop my work ethic than have genetics guarantee me a podium spot.

sorry for the mini-rant

http://www.theninjadon.blogspot.com

"The bicycle riders drank much wine, and were burned and browned by the sun. They did not take the race seriously except among themselves." -- Ernest Hemingway, The Sun Also Rises
Quote Reply
Re: Slow, Fast? Short, Long? On,Off? [greenjt] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I too am the greatest triathlete ever to have lived in my current residence, including a 100m radius outside the house.

Look upon my feats, weary traveller, and despair!
(apologies to Shelley)
Quote Reply
Re: Slow, Fast? Short, Long? On,Off? [greenjt] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
"I am the best triathlete ever to live in my house"

I'm only the second best, my wife takes that honor.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
- Back-of-the-packer here (although, amazingly enough, I'm also the fastest person in my household!)

- Train mostly for 1/2 IM distance, but will do an Oly for a training race and an occasional sprint; hoping to get to the full IM distance by 2005

- Going into my 4th season, but the first 2 seasons I only did 1 race each year

- I am not a type-A personality; I train only when I can schedule it into family and work and I don't freak about a missed workout (or two, or three...)

- I also am often intimidated by some of the others on this site, but I figure in order to get better I gotta hang with the big guys!

Dawn
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Very tired, very old man training for at least two halfs and one full IM this year. After multiple marathons per year since 1999, trying to survive my second year as a BOP triathlete. New age group this year (60-64), but those same genetic freaks that beat me last year also got a year older. Damn! If I could learn to bike and swim I might be alright.

I do enjoy reading the posts from those carbon-loaded pros and AG winners, though. Very inspiring.

David
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Semi-pros, I think you are way overratting most of us around here. Me, I'm a hard working union carpenter in NYC, race somewhere in the middle of the pack, near the front of the 50-54 age group. Lost most of last year to shoulder surgery, and only got in two tri's at the end of the season. Got an award in the olympic and got smoked in the sprint. Goals for this year: 5 hours at Eagleman, 12 hours at Chesapeake. Wish me luck!

---------------------------
''Sweeney - you can both crush your AG *and* cruise in dead last!! đŸ˜‚ '' Murphy's Law
Quote Reply