Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: USAT Age Group Nationals Psych Sheets [triryan] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Sister Madonna Buder is the lone competitor in her USAT Age Group Nationals Sprint, at age 89. So great to see.

Sharon McN
@IronCharo
#TeamZoot
Clif Bar Pace Team 2003-2018
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I color coded first, second, and third placings in the psych sheet for the Olympic race. There were a few people not on the start list or without previous results tied to their name, but other than that, it was pretty accurate!

triryan wrote:
Someone requested I do this for 2019, so here you go:

Olympic Distance Psych Sheet
Sprint Distance Psych Sheet

Some observations:
  • Olympic distance entrants down from 3,379 to 2,544
  • Olympic distance projected finish density looks to be much better than 2018 with only a brief time above 20/minute.
  • Sprint distance entrants down from 2,030 to 1,292
  • Sprint distance projected finish density looks significantly worse, peaking at around 40/minute. Last year there was an 1:50 between first and last wave; this year just 1:30.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I gotta say, you were pretty much spot on for me for placing for the Olympic..much to my chagrin. The time, who knows considering the swim was shorter. About 8 places off for the sprint, but my time was faster than predicted, so I'll consider that a win?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Happy to say I finished 9th in my AG instead of the projected 17th. I had no rankings data for the last three years, so that definitely made the predictions pretty tough. Side note, I hate that Wisconsin has so few USAT sanctioned events (although I did take off from tris all of last year too).
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Your predictions for the top finishers were very accurate - nice work!

I had very little data for you to work with as I've only done a handful of USAT races but finished 23 places higher in Olympic distance and 4 lower in Sprint, but with a quicker time in both races than you predicted.

Thanks for pulling all this together!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Do you know when you’ll start creating the 2020 AGNC psych sheet? Will be competing in both distances next year.
Quote Reply

Prev Next