Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Let's talk aero drink systems
Quote | Reply
First, Happy 4th of July.

Second, I know this has been discussed.

Now, I didn't use the search function b/c I see more products on the market compared to the last time that I looked into this subject.

Questions to consider:
What system do you like?
What would you change to make it better?

What I am looking for:
1) ease of filling (no spills, no messy sticky liquids all over my feet or my bike)
2) doesn't spill
3) doesn't affect bike handling
4) doesn't require you to leave the aero drops to drink
5) after market systems only (my tri bike has no proprietary built-in system)

Thanks!
Quote Reply
Re: Let's talk aero drink systems [original] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
 XLAB Versa 500

Make Inside Out Sports your next online tri shop! http://www.insideoutsports.com/
Quote Reply
Re: Let's talk aero drink systems [BryanD] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
XLAB Versa 200
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I use the speedfil F1 hydration system, and I love it. It’s easy to install. Easy to fill. It has a splash guard design so you can refill on the fly at a bottle exchange. The drink tube runs along your frame and you set it and zip tie to where you want it. You never have to get out of aero to have a drink. And the bite valve keeps the water or hydration at the ready. Also holds 40 oz which is plenty.

Hope this helps.

Quinner
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
My favorite is the Profile design HC Mount.

Compared to the Xlab stuff, it is less bulky, less weight, way cheaper, and I simply put any bottle I want in it, whether it be a refillable torpedo bottle, or a regular bottle that I remove to drink from - which is what I currently do as I prefer that to drinking from a straw.

https://profile-design.com/products/hc-mount-1

Oh, you can also mount whatever bottle cage you want on those cross bars, don't have to use the profile design cage if you don't like it.
Last edited by: SBRcanuck: Jul 4, 18 9:11
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Xlab torpedo, tried a few others, this one is easy to refill and drink from. Doesn’t spill a drop which is a huge plus.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Tried a couple of systems, but I’ve settled, for now, on a specialized rib cage zip tied between my pads, with a camelback style of bottle (ie with a one way valve. Simple and easy.

Filling is easy, I’m gonna carry 2 more bottles behind the seat, so it’s a straight swap. For a flat course the weight doesn’t matter, and there’s virtually zero aero impact.

If I run out, then I ditch a bottle and take hand ups after that.

Swimming Workout of the Day:

Favourite Swim Sets:

2020 National Masters Champion - M50-54 - 50m Butterfly
Quote Reply