Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Letchworth State Park
Quote | Reply
Hi All-
Will be staying at the Glen Iris Inn @ Letchworth State Park and looking for a place to bike while there. Maybe 30+ miles or so starting from the Inn (which is inside the park). Any suggestions on nice / safe routes?

Also need to find a place to board my small dog (up there) but that’s slightly unrelated- lol. If there any locals with some insight ......... great!
Quote Reply
Re: Letchworth State Park [Y-Tri] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Try sending a message to the Buffalo Triathlon Club FB group, or email president Marc Sommers (president@buffalotriathlonclub.com)
I did post your question on the FB page as well. They'll know and be happy to help.

Karen ST Concierge
Quote Reply
Re: Letchworth State Park [STConcierge] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Awesome!
Thanks very much.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Just posted:
Gretchen Neureuter We’ve biked the main road in the park and found cars to be super accommodating of cyclists. We did a little over two “out and backs” and I think that was around 50 miles. Nice rolling hills during parts of the ride as well plus some shade 🙂

Karen ST Concierge
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Literally ride the main roads around the park. Route 39 on the west, and 408 on the east side. Or venture up to 20A, which has good pavement and a huge shoulder for days.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Go out the door, ride. Pretty quiet country roads all around.

Usually you could do a big loop that’s about 36 miles riding the park road from the In. and the east side of the river but pretty sure the south entrance to the park is still closed due to railroad bridge construction

Boots
Fleet Feet Rochester, NY
Fleet Feet Buffalo, NY
YellowJacket Racing, Rochester, NY
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I'm jealous, first time in 30 years that I won't be visiting my folks at their summer home on Silver Lake just outside Letchworth. I've stayed at the Glenn Iris before and enjoyed it.

You can stay in the park and ride North to the Mt. Morris Dam and check that out; however that will be less than 30 miles. Be sure to stop at some of the overlooks and enjoy the Grand Canyon of the East.

Exit the park at the Castile Entrance though for the best access to the rolling and quiet roads around the farms and small towns. Plenty of nice roads around Castile, Silver Springs, etc. 20A is probably the busiest road around so I would avoid it. Watch out for deer during the evening especially, there are lots of them.

Head on over to the Charcoal Corral on the East Side of Silver Lake and check out the drive in, car cruise nights, wings and ice cream. http://charcoalcorral.com/events/calendar/

Be sure to explore the park around the Inn after dark, lots of great wildlife. Very cool vibe after dark.
Quote Reply
Re: Letchworth State Park [P_Hartman] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thanks so much for the input everyone !!!
-Mike
Quote Reply