Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: New S-Works Venge [GatorRacer] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Yeah- seatpost and stem are dead giveaways. The Venge looks flat in front.
Quote Reply
Re: New S-Works Venge [Suckafish] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
What are are saying about comfort...

I used to ride a 2015 Cervelo S5 and switched at the start of the summer to the S works Tarmac (new version). My S5 was MILES more comfortable even with 30c tires (vs. 23c) on my tarmac.

This bike is ludicrously expensive. I was looking at dealer cost on both the other day, and the Venge is almost 30% MORE on an already expensive frame.
Quote Reply
Re: New S-Works Venge [Suckafish] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Suckafish wrote:
I thought I'd add my two cents on the new Venge:

To provide some context- I owned and put 5,000+ miles on a first generation Venge Lunch Race (purchased here) that was later converted to a 2x. I currently own the S-Works Venge Vias have put around 6,000mi on it over the last year. I've read up and down about how uncomfortable the Vias is, how terrible the brakes are, etc.- I don't subscribe to those theories. I've found the Vias to be more than tolerable on rides ranging from 20 miles to 135 miles. Is it as comfortable as my old Roubaix? No, and I wouldn't expect it to be. The brakes are decent- I can lock up the tires, if needed. It's still a race bike with it's stiff frame and race bike quirks.

I have the first generation Vias and from a comfort perspective, it's only slightly less comfortable than a Tarmac, so really not an issue. Where it really fails big time is with the brakes. I'm on the lighter side (135lbs) and have to put my entire weight onto the levers to get it to stop. This is with the updated internals that they replaced due to a recall. I can't even apply enough force to the brakes in the drops to stop. I really need to put my weight into it. The calipers are just ill designed and don't apply enough force against the rim. I've used the same wheels and same brake pads on my Tarmac with Shimano calipers and they stop as well if not better than any aluminum brake track wheels just lightly squeezing them, so I know there is nothing wrong with my wheels or brake pads. I think they took "aero is everything" just a little too far when they compromised safety with the design of those brakes. Whoever designed those brakes has no business working on anything where safety is important.
Quote Reply
Re: New S-Works Venge [mcmetal] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
The bike looks so badass with ZIPP 858..

I cant' decide what should I get Trek Madone or Venge.. Looks like Venge is a bit faster by few watts and 0.5kg lighter. But Madone in my opinion has nicer bar+stem combo and XXX6 wheels seems like are better than CLX64.
Quote Reply
Re: New S-Works Venge [Ksavostin] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I bought a madone P1; but I would have bought either depended on the deal I got.

2024: Bevoman, Galveston, Alcatraz, Marble Falls, Santa Cruz
Quote Reply
Re: New S-Works Venge [Ksavostin] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Those are 808’s, not 858’s

the world's still turning? >>>>>>> the world's still turning
Quote Reply
Re: New S-Works Venge [mcmetal] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I assume you must have the rim brake version ? As I understand it was never designed to have rim brakes. When disc brakes were delayed into the pro peleton due to safety concerns they retro fitted some rim brakes for the frame in a hurry, so no surprise they are crappy. I have the first gen with the disc brakes, much better, I don't find the handlebars all that comfy, it rides much better with 25mm vs 23mm tyres as well.
Quote Reply

Prev Next