Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Money no object bike + bike setup!
Quote | Reply
Hi gang,

Just curious to see, money no object, what would you be riding (dentists need not apply)?

:D
Quote Reply
Re: Money no object bike + bike setup! [lemos] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
lemos wrote:
Hi gang,

Just curious to see, money no object, what would you be riding (dentists need not apply)?

:D

Trek Speed Concept ($4000). Full blown superbike frame and bar set up with lifetime warranty and worldwide dealer support.

Swap out stock Ultegra mechanical bits for SRAM Etap

HED trispoke front wheel

New Specialized Roval rear disk

Power tap P1 pedals. I’ve had 20 troublefree ,o this on these. Love em.

All in, this setup would be less than 10k at retail. Realistically, with smart eBay shopping on the etap, front wheel, and an older Zipp disc, probably could be all in for less than $7k.

This is a setup that would win World Tour time trials with the right set of legs.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I’d fly to LA and get a pre-fit with ERO sports. Then I’d probably be looking at a 2018 Speed Concept or a Canyon Speedmax CF Slx. HED Jet 6 Black front and Jet Black disc. Probably upgrade the aerobar extensions and get Speedplay Zero Aero pedals.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Custom designed bike including aero and all. Disc rear, tri-spoke front. eTap. Custom saddle.

And while we're going all custom, let's throw in a custom aero helmet, too.

Strava
Last edited by: gmh39: Jul 2, 18 5:49
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
P5X with HED Jet 9/Disc Black wheels and Dura Ace Di2.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I would buy Lange's beautiful canyon, same color, same set up, just without the rainbow stripes.

808 > NYC > PDX > YVR
2024 Races: Taupo
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Specialized S Works Shiv. Dura ace Di2. Tririg Alpha X, omega X brakes. HED Jet Black disc and Jet Black 9 front.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
It has to have Dura Ace Di2. Beyond that, the bike has to fit me well. (That's going to have a lot bigger impact on performance than any difference among the better frameset designs these days.) Disc rear wheel is a given. I'm probably HED Jet 6 Black / Jet Disc Black on wheels.

If we're dreaming, give me little buttons on the tips of the extensions that change the pages on my Garmin.
Quote Reply
Re: Money no object bike + bike setup! [FlashBazbo] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Trek Project One Speedconcept (with one of the pricy one-off paint schemes), DuraAce Di2, Bontrager XXX TLRs 9s, Stages L+R DuraAce powermeter.
Quote Reply
Re: Money no object bike + bike setup! [elf6c] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
elf6c wrote:
Trek Project One Speedconcept (with one of the pricy one-off paint schemes), DuraAce Di2, Bontrager XXX TLRs 9s, Stages L+R DuraAce powermeter.

Will the Stages work on that frameset? Enough left side clearance?
Quote Reply
Re: Money no object bike + bike setup! [FlashBazbo] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
FlashBazbo wrote:
elf6c wrote:

Will the Stages work on that frameset? Enough left side clearance?

Yes, it works on my current left only Gen 2 Stages on my Gen 2 Speedconcept. And yes, my dream is just a nicer version of what I have already. I may be basic.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
https://forum.slowtwitch.com/..._SystemSix_P6669474/

Maybe upgrade to the SRM version of the SiSL crank, if only to upgrade something.

Last edited by: M----n: Jul 2, 18 11:49
Quote Reply