Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Seeking slowtwitch medical advice [TJ56] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
TJ56 wrote:
Great news! The test for Ehrlichiosis came back positive. They took that one early on but apparently it had to go out to the Mayo clinic for confirmation. It was a different hospitalist today who delivered the news to me this morning. He said I had all the classic symptoms and he has seen this many times. I was NPO last night preparing for the CT scan with contrast and he said "no need for that" and canceled it. White blood count came in for today and I am already up to 2. He didn't see any reason for me to stay so I should be out of here this afternoon. And everyone on here will love this: what about activity level? "Do what you feel up to". Are you kidding me? Wow!!! .

Great news. Have a fabulous fourth!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
That sucks. I was just now reading the thread and was hoping I could reply "it's not rhabdo, come on." before they figured it out ;)

Feel better soon and all the best.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Wow, good to hear - glad you were diagnosed and are on the road to recovery. Ticks scare the crap out of me - a good friend of mine had one last year from a casual hike in the woods and got Lyme disease and Bell's Palsy - half of his face was completely paralyzed for more than a week!

Strava
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
TJ56 wrote:
I’m very impressed with this hospital and it’s staff. I just think what we do is “not normal “ and maybe an endurance junkie medical professional on the forum could offer something that the “normal” docs wouldn’t consider,

Med professional here (ER). I don't think this has anything to do with being an endurance junkie. Def does not sound like rhabdo. Trust the process with your ID doctor, or get a second opinion from another ID person.

Colorado Triathlon Company, CO2UT 2021, Crooked Gravel 2022, Steamboat Gravel 2022
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Talk about dumb luck. I got home from the hospital yesterday and put my Garmin Vivo HR that I wear every day as a watch on the charger. Forgot to put it back on and this morning while drinking my coffee looking out the window with the sun shining on my wrist I see a red spot right on the edge of my tan line from my watch. Push the hair back, and look what I find, the missing TIC bite! GEEZ!!!!! I guess I shouldn't feel bad that I missed this as I must have had a dozen health care professionals look at me. Had my watch on during the whole ordeal. Talk about closure!.

Quote Reply

Prev Next