Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: School me on power meters using pedal system! [el gato] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
el gato wrote:
V1 - never had any problems. One pod died after 2 years and Garmin sent me the kit to upgrade my V1's to V2's.
V2 - never had any problems. Still riding them on my road bike.

Ditto (although my first set of pods lasted more than 2 y).
Quote Reply
Re: School me on power meters using pedal system! [Kat_Kong] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Very happy with my Favero Assioma Duo.
Bought after noticing that the consensus was that they were reliable. No reason or advantage whatsoever in paying more for the competition.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Another happy P1S user, had them for 10 months with zero issues
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I waded into the power meter world for the first time with the Vector 3, I got mine less than a month ago, so far solid as a rock. I believe I got a set with the new battery covers so I may have lucked out and missed this issued noted by many others.

As this is my first power meter I don't have any comparison, most of my riding is indoors these days and I was using HR, speed, and cadence sensors. Once the Vector 3 was added to the equation I immediately realized there is no substitute for power. I could tell on the first ride (I am using TrainerRoad) that without power I was not pushing hard enough on the hard stuff and not going easy enough on the easy stuff. I haven't swapped the pedals yet, but certainly it's no brainer to easily move them around to the other bike.

--------------------------
The secret of a long life is you try not to shorten it.
-Nobody
Quote Reply
Re: School me on power meters using pedal system! [kajukenbo] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
kajukenbo wrote:
I ordered my Garmin Vector 3 dual sided pedals back in February. Add me to the list of very frustrated users. If Garmin could ever get me the new battery caps, perhaps that would solve the last of the issues. Be prepared to wait 60-90 minutes each time you call customer support to have them give you a non-answer.

or just send an email... I've never talked to anyone at garmin. They take care of me on email.
Quote Reply
Re: School me on power meters using pedal system! [spntrxi] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I've also corresponded with Garmin by email. They haven't been very helpful, especially when Automotive Team starts answering.

I hate to sound bitter, but my personal experience around the Garmin Vector 3 has not been positive. I really do hope the new battery caps solve the last of my problems. I'm also hopeful I'll actually get the new battery caps. Last week Garmin said I'd receive them by last Friday (after not getting them the previous two weeks). I called in today and the representative couldn't even promise when they would ship.
Last edited by: kajukenbo: Jul 2, 18 15:10
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I've been using the Garmin Vector 1 and 2 and they've worked great. I upgraded my V1 to the newer pods and now just as good as the V2. I did have 1 pod go bad, but after I replaced it, they work great.

Not long ago I got a great deal on the PowerTap pedals and they work great too. Easier to change bikes so I've been able to quickly compare the data to my Vectors and they seem to match up perfectly (when using my Kickr trainer as the basis).

I just couldn't justify getting the V3's since I now have 3 pedal power meters.
Quote Reply
Re: School me on power meters using pedal system! [el gato] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Yes, but remember it's not solely SRM involved here - Look have been making power pedals for a while.

Stuart

===
iSMARTtrain - Mac training software for Garmin, SRM, PowerTap & Polar
http://www.ismarttrain.com
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
look no further than the assioma!!! does everything the Vectors are supposed to do and it does it accurately. Oh and cheaper!
Quote Reply

Prev Next