Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Restaurants in Frankfurt
Quote | Reply
Headed to IM Frankfurt next week. Can anyone make some recommendations on good restaurants. Not for me, for my family. The night before the race I'm usually eating something bland and they go out to some fantastic high end restaurant that they find. I still hear about the place they went in Zurich 4 years ago. I ate a ham and cheese sandwich from the supermarket that night.
Quote Reply
Re: Restaurants in Frankfurt [mattr] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply

I don't think Frankfurt is the best place to eat -- at least not German food. But try the Klosterhof.

Wherever you go, try some real German (and Franconian) specialities (Don't just do the Wienerschnitzel thing -- Boring!):

* Roulade (Klosterhof has this). It's often too dry. But if you find a place that makes it moist, it is exquisite
* Blaue Zipfel (a Franconian specialty)
* Schaufele (pork shoulder)
* Frankenwein. Frankenwein is the only white wine I drink It is absolutely delicious. Don't be put off by the bottles that look like Mateus bottles. Frankenwein doesn't ship well. So the Franken region of Germany is one of the few places you can enjoy it.

My latest book: "Out of the Melting Pot, Into the Fire" is on sale on Amazon and at other online and local booksellers
Quote Reply