Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Any wind tunnels in central FL for bike test
Quote | Reply
Interested to know
Quote Reply
Re: Any wind tunnels in central FL for bike test [RBR] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
There used to be a dude who had one he pulled on a truck. 0 yaw only though iirc.

We can get you in at A2 if you want to make the drive up, PM for details as we're putting together some aero testing details right now

Brian Stover USAT LII
Accelerate3 Coaching
Insta

Quote Reply
Re: Any wind tunnels in central FL for bike test [desert dude] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
desert dude wrote:
There used to be a dude who had one he pulled on a truck. 0 yaw only though iirc.

We can get you in at A2 if you want to make the drive up, PM for details as we're putting together some aero testing details right now

Thank you for your post. I’ve often admired your input

I like to travel
Where abouts are you located please?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
OP, put in a little effort and do a Google search for A2. It's not that far from you, and its not where DD is.
Quote Reply
Re: Any wind tunnels in central FL for bike test [Ktri] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Ktri wrote:
OP, put in a little effort and do a Google search for A2. It's not that far from you, and its not where DD is.

I was trying not to give him a chance to do some promoting for his business

What I see from the links it is in AZ.
Last edited by: RBR: Jun 30, 18 8:31
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
A2 is just northeast of Charlotte North Carolina. It’s worth the drive.
Quote Reply
Re: Any wind tunnels in central FL for bike test [GreenPlease] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
As another Floridian I say it’s worth the drive.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
There are only 3 tunnels in the US anymore that do decent testing, unless I am forgetting one. A2, San Diego, University of Washington. ERO sessions in LA, somewhere in the Northeast, and occasionally Colorado Springs are also good and are probably better if you are working on positional changes.
Quote Reply
Re: Any wind tunnels in central FL for bike test [grumpier.mike] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
grumpier.mike wrote:
There are only 3 tunnels in the US anymore that do decent testing, unless I am forgetting one. A2, San Diego, University of Washington.

The TAMU tunnel stopped testing bikes/cyclists?

The Indy car tunnel here in Indianapolis also offers testing for cyclists (although I have heard it is expensive):

http://www.arcindy.com/wind-tunnel.html

http://www.arcindy.com/...e-test-facility.html

(BTW, if anybody has any interest in combining wind tunnel testing at the above facility with physiological testing, LMK. I can probably hook you up with the latter.)
Quote Reply
Re: Any wind tunnels in central FL for bike test [GreenPlease] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
GreenPlease wrote:
A2 is just northeast of Charlotte North Carolina. It’s worth the drive.

Oh wow thank you
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
RBR wrote:
Interested to know

You might want to reach out to GreenPlease on here. He might be willing to help you do some field testing in Central FL if that is something you are interested in.

Save: $50 on Speed Hound Recovery Boots | $20 on Air Relax| $100 on Normatec| 15% on Most Absorbable Magnesium

Blogs: Best CHEAP Zwift / Bike Trainer Desk | Theragun G3 vs $140 Bivi Percussive Massager | Normatec Pulse 2.0 vs Normatec Pulse | Speed Hound vs Normatec | Air Relax vs Normatec | Q1 2018 Blood Test Results | | Why HED JET+ Is The BEST value wheelset
Quote Reply
Re: Any wind tunnels in central FL for bike test [Thomas Gerlach] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thomas Gerlach wrote:
RBR wrote:
Interested to know

You might want to reach out to GreenPlease on here. He might be willing to help you do some field testing in Central FL if that is something you are interested in.

Thank you for the heads up

What is field testing please?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Field testing is method of aerodynamic testing out on your own local roads as opposed to traveling to a wind tunnel. The benefits are that is accessible to everyone no matter where they are they just need to find a suitable location and day to do it on. You also get to test the way you actually ride versus on a trainer in a tunnel. The downside is takes some practice, learning and an overall greater time commitment.

Save: $50 on Speed Hound Recovery Boots | $20 on Air Relax| $100 on Normatec| 15% on Most Absorbable Magnesium

Blogs: Best CHEAP Zwift / Bike Trainer Desk | Theragun G3 vs $140 Bivi Percussive Massager | Normatec Pulse 2.0 vs Normatec Pulse | Speed Hound vs Normatec | Air Relax vs Normatec | Q1 2018 Blood Test Results | | Why HED JET+ Is The BEST value wheelset
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
RBR wrote:

https://www.slideshare.net/...nd-tunnel-compressed
Last edited by: Andrew Coggan: Jul 1, 18 4:01
Quote Reply
Re: Any wind tunnels in central FL for bike test [Andrew Coggan] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Andrew Coggan wrote:
RBR wrote:

https://www.slideshare.net/...nd-tunnel-compressed

Hey thanks for the link, I was looking for the presentation on the IP a few weeks ago but couldn't find it.

My Blog - http://leegoocrap.blogspot.com
Quote Reply
Re: Any wind tunnels in central FL for bike test [Morelock] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I'm in AZ, ex cyclist who is my partner in wind tunnel testing is in NC along with A2 wind tunnel.
Shoot me a PM if you're interested in testing.

Brian Stover USAT LII
Accelerate3 Coaching
Insta

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_wind_tunnels
has anyone here used UWAL (U WASH)? Cost? How to best contact them? Any other info?

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
desert dude wrote:
I'm in AZ, ex cyclist who is my partner in wind tunnel testing is in NC along with A2 wind tunnel.
Shoot me a PM if you're interested in testing.

PM sent

Thank you
Quote Reply