Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Felt IA2 fit [SuperDave] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thanks again for the tips and follow-up, will do. Cheers.
Quote Reply
Re: Felt IA2 fit [trentnix] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
trentnix wrote:
RBR wrote:
No idea what you are saying

I have had 4 Cervelos

Bought one in NY had a bike fit done there and they determined 54 was the correct size

Bought one in FL had a bike fit and it was determined a 54 was the correct size

Bought one in NC had s bike fit and it was determined 54 was the correct size
It was determined...how? I'm not trying to pick on you, just pointing out that Cervelos - and namely the P3 - have had significant geometric changes over the years. Other bikes have had smaller degrees of change, but the P3 is probably the most iconic bike Cervelo has made.

The old P3 had a frame geometry of 498 mm (stack) / 419 mm (reach) in a size 54. The new P3 is a 522 mm (stack) / 411 mm (reach). The new P3 is an inch taller than the old P3 in the same size.

It's folly to say "I'm a 54" or "Cervelo fits me well". It's more appropriate to say "I'm a 54 on <whatever bike>" or "Cervelo <new P3> fits me well".

And it should be noted that frame geometry is now an inferior way to identify your best size - your fit coordinates are where you touch the bike, and the future is using armpad geometry to determine what bikes/configurations are appropriate and ignoring frame geometry altogether.

All of that said, I'm glad you're happy with your purchases and, no doubt, Cervelo makes excellent bikes.

I didn’t know they changed the geometry that much on the P2 in a few years time span

I thought FIST was a good way to get a bike fit but from your post maybe I need a new fitting and for a different size bike.
Quote Reply

Prev Next