Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Andi Dreitz uneven cockpit
Quote | Reply
Was watching GTN's coverage of his bike and noticed his aerobars and armpads seem to be uneven. Looks like the left is higher. Bike is in a stand so I imagine it's standing evenly on the ground.

Different levels of mobility in his shoulders? Previous injuries? Seems pretty interesting.

Quote Reply
Re: Andi Dreitz uneven cockpit [teichs42] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Coincidently I used to (don't have a TT bike anymore) have my left aerobar slightly higher than the right. I found it to be slightly more comfortable and it helped reduce numbness in my triceps that I had been experiencing.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
teichs42 wrote:
Was watching GTN's coverage of his bike and noticed his aerobars and armpads seem to be uneven. Looks like the left is higher. Bike is in a stand so I imagine it's standing evenly on the ground.

Different levels of mobility in his shoulders? Previous injuries? Seems pretty interesting.

I am NOT saying this is good for the long-term structural health of individuals but I am surprised we don't see more of this. I know I have thought about doing something like this as well.

Save: $50 on Speed Hound Recovery Boots | $20 on Air Relax| $100 on Normatec| 15% on Most Absorbable Magnesium

Blogs: Best CHEAP Zwift / Bike Trainer Desk | Theragun G3 vs $140 Bivi Percussive Massager | Normatec Pulse 2.0 vs Normatec Pulse | Speed Hound vs Normatec | Air Relax vs Normatec | Q1 2018 Blood Test Results | | Why HED JET+ Is The BEST value wheelset
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I would think the generally obsessive nature of a triathlete would prevent this nonsense.
Quote Reply
Re: Andi Dreitz uneven cockpit [Thomas Gerlach] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thomas Gerlach wrote:
teichs42 wrote:

I am NOT saying this is good for the long-term structural health of individuals but I am surprised we don't see more of this. I know I have thought about doing something like this as well.

I actually thought it would be to get the hands closer together and still have control over the bars more than the hand over hand thing. I thought about it with my own hands but it would drive me crazy to look down and see them uneven haha

Brent

DFRU - Detta Family Racing Unit...the kids like it and we all get out and after it...gotta keep the fam involved!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Quite possible that he has asymmetry in shoulder/scapula/upper body that is either due to past trauma (shattered collar bone for example) or anatomical differences. A good bike fitter will account for these rather than try to correct a dysfunction that cannot be corrected.

Either that or it-s simply slipped! LOL

David T-D
http://www.tilburydavis.com
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
teichs42 wrote:
Bike is in a stand so I imagine it's standing evenly on the ground.

What on earth makes you think they searched out a level piece of ground to set the stand on?

-------------------
Madison photographer Timothy Hughes | Instagram
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I ride with a delta between L and R elbow pads. Seems to help my right quadratus lomborum from flairing up. It is like shimming the upper body (as opposed to / in addition to the cycling shoes).

Hope this helps
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Looks like he hit a pot hole to me...
Quote Reply
Re: Andi Dreitz uneven cockpit [Timtek] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Timtek wrote:
teichs42 wrote:
Bike is in a stand so I imagine it's standing evenly on the ground.

What on earth makes you think they searched out a level piece of ground to set the stand on?

Well, even if it's standing sideways we have the basebar and head tube to align ourselves by. The bars are pretty clearly uneven.

ZONE3 - We Last Longer
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
In some cases, isn't it more "aero" to have one hand over the other?
(source: trainerroad blog: https://blog.trainerroad.com/...aerodynamic-testing/)

I've tried this and it could be more comfortable to have one hand (eg: right) over the left for various reasons stated in the thread. Thus, having an uneven aero bar might make it easier to hold that hand position. Seems to make sense!
Quote Reply