Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Challenge Roth
Quote | Reply
Roth is coming up this weekend with Kienle and Lucy Charles leading the field. Not a super strong field, mostly because of the epic race frankfurt is turning out to be but should still be fun! Other contenders on the male field include Joe Skipper, Cam Wurf, James Cunnama and Andreas Dreitz. On the female side we have Kaisa Sali, Yvonne Van Vlerken and Laura Sidall.

I would be surprised if Kienle and Lucy don't win this, but Wurf, Cunnama, Dreitz and Skipper are definitely in contention. Wurf is coming off a 3rd place in IM France last weekend, and somehow is feeling recovered enough not only for another full, but also yesterday he cruised the alps with team sky. Skipper has done well here before. I've noticed Wurf having trouble swimming front pack the past few races, so he may come out of the water with Kienle and Skipper, but if he wants to podium he needs to get out with Dreitz and Cunnama and put at least 10 min into them on the bike.
I'm thinking the podium will be Kienle, Dreitz, Wurf

On the female side it is hard to bet against Lucy, she seems to be in great shape and her position is getting better. I'm thinking Siddall takes 2nd again and Van Vlerken 3rd.

So who do you got?

Terrible Tuesday’s Triathlon
Quote Reply
Re: Challenge Roth [oscaro] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
oscaro wrote:
Roth is coming up this weekend with Kienle and Lucy Charles leading the field. Not a super strong field, mostly because of the epic race frankfurt is turning out to be but should still be fun! Other contenders on the male field include Joe Skipper, Cam Wurf, James Cunnama and Andreas Dreitz. On the female side we have Kaisa Sali, Yvonne Van Vlerken and Laura Sidall.

Interesting, these two are also registered for Frankfurt...

ZONE3 - We Last Longer
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
oscaro wrote:

I would be surprised if Kienle and Lucy don't win this, but Wurf, Cunnama, Dreitz and Skipper are definitely in contention. Wurf is coming off a 3rd place in IM France last weekend, and somehow is feeling recovered enough not only for another full, but also yesterday he cruised the alps with team sky. Skipper has done well here before. I've noticed Wurf having trouble swimming front pack the past few races, so he may come out of the water with Kienle and Skipper, but if he wants to podium he needs to get out with Dreitz and Cunnama and put at least 10 min into them on the bike.
I'm thinking the podium will be Kienle, Dreitz, Wurf

On the female side it is hard to bet against Lucy, she seems to be in great shape and her position is getting better. I'm thinking Siddall takes 2nd again and Van Vlerken 3rd.

So who do you got?

Pretty spot on I would say.

What is the current bike record? I guess another one Wurf will break.
Quote Reply
Re: Challenge Roth [chrissie1993] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I think it's Frodos 4:08 from his 7:35. Wurf will likely go sub 4:05

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Kienle breaks Frodo's record.
Quote Reply
Re: Challenge Roth [Andres] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Is it my imagination or has Laura Sidall raced a hell of a lot this year? She seems to be in every half and full IM I take interest in.

It's very hard to look past Kienle and Charles, Joe Skipper to get 2nd.
Quote Reply
Re: Challenge Roth [Jackets] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
roth participants! i think this is late but do go to the pro meet and greet in lederhosen/drindl. Someone please take photos! I hope someone on ST news team is taking pictures of pros and their bikes

also night before a good way to relax for the race, is to watch the pre-screening of "We are triathletes"

it will be here in the US on aug 8 in select theaters : https://us.demand.film/we-are-triathletes/
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I think that will be a tough ask, Jan swan 45 min and Kienle will likely be around 52, 4:08 bike is very fast as well but wouldnt be surprised if he went ~4:05, frodo then ran 2:39 and afaik Kienles run pb is 2:45, though im fairly certain roth is short.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I agree... I think Kienle goes sub 4 on the bike ;-)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
It may be wishful thinking, but I am hopeful that Joe Skipper will have a dream race and finish in first place. I think he could use the pay day and the sponsor visibility (how that man has no bike sponsor I have no idea), and thus my fingers will be crossed super tight for him.
Quote Reply
Re: Challenge Roth [Misery] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I am with you on that - I am also routing for Joe :-)

WD :-)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Kienle - Jesse Thomas (!!!) - Dreitz is my bet.

Other than that: Even if Wurf might be first in T2, I do not believe that he can be recovered well enough to ride hard and maintain a good pace on the run. He would blow up at latest on the climb around km35. This is also the reason why Kienle (plus his slow swim) has no chance to go sub 7:40.

Last, but not least: Bike is 178,5 km (i.e. 111 miles). Run course is new again. Has always been a bit short (~41,5 km), don't know what it will be this year.

But anyway, Roth is a fantastic race. The days before the race are awesome. Whoever has a chance to go there: Do it!
Quote Reply