Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Knee issue
Quote | Reply
Time to ask Dr. slow twitch...

Little background, I’ve been racing in triathlons for 7 years and never had a significant injury. At work a couple months ago (valet parking) I felt a sudden sharp pain followed by a weakness in my right knee in the meniscus area. Didn’t know what to make of it so I rested it some and it seemed to go away other than a new clicking in my meniscus.

I’ve had issues with my left knee doing the same a few times in the past when I was riding my bike a lot. It would click a couple times and feel pressure in there and then crack and wouldn’t bother me again.

I’ve tried every home remedy as far as rest, ice aleve, and different braces at work that will lessen the pain when it randomly comes on at work.

During this whole time, my knee doesn’t bother me in daily life and when I haven’t had any issues at work for a bit I’ve been able to periodically run at home.

I’ve come to realize that the twisting motion in and out of cars followed by a run seems to be bringing on the pain randomly.

I’ve now seen a orthopedic doctor friend who did different testing motions to determine if the meniscus was torn or not. No pain, he said at worst I have a slight tear and probably wouldn’t be a candidate for surgery.

Saw another doctor friend who said the same and gave a cortisone shot. No difference.

Got the mri done and no structural damage. Minor bit of fluid and Tendinosis is all. No patella damage or damage to my meniscus.

Anyone run into this before and how did you treat it? I think physical therapy is worth a shot possibly. My only solid feeling towards it is that it could be patellofemoral syndrome which doesn’t explain the clicking in the knee though.

I really appreciate any advice as I just want to go train already.
Quote Reply