Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Daniela Ryf Schedule/Money [CgyTriGuy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Kona isn't a guaranteed $120K. She could get sick or injured and not be able to start. If she starts there are still things that can happen so she might not win.
Quote Reply
Re: Daniela Ryf Schedule/Money [thisgirl] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Kona isn't a guaranteed $120K. She could get sick or injured and not be able to start. If she starts there are still things that can happen so she might not win. //

Of course there are no guarantees, that is why we have the races. But I was thinking about this, and her racing at Kona is the single biggest lock we have in the sport at the moment, man or woman. You could put up a guess the winner of Kona poll, and she would probably be in every single podium pick, and on top of 90% of them. Who would even come close in the mens right now?? She shows up healthy, she wins. She has that rare occurrence in our sport where she can actually have an off day, flat on the bike, serve a penalty, and still be the prohibitive favorite, like Chrissy before her..
Quote Reply
Re: Daniela Ryf Schedule/Money [uucee] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
uucee wrote:
robgray wrote:
I think she would (or she should) be pretty concerned/motivated about Lucy Charles, who will out-swim Ryf, then bike much better than the already-great-bike she had last year. And her run should be in the same ballpark as Ryf. So on paper, I would put all my money on Lucy.

Daniela Sämmler just outran Lucy at Roth (3:04 vs. 3:08) for the win. Fast runs at Kona 2016/2017: Daniela Ryf, Rinny Carfrae, Kaisa Sali.

A win is a win but it should be noted that Sammler only won by 9 sec in an almost 9 hr race, so i'd say she and Lucy are pretty much dead even at this point.

"Anyone can be who they want to be IF they have the HUNGER and the DRIVE."
Quote Reply
Re: Daniela Ryf Schedule/Money [robgray] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
robgray wrote:
I think she would (or she should) be pretty concerned/motivated about Lucy Charles, who will outswim Ryf, then bike much better than the already-great-bike she had last year. And her run should be in the same ballpark as Ryf. So on paper, I would put all my money on Lucy. If I were in Ryf's shoes, the last thing I would feel is complacent

Ryf was injured and tired last year. She's healed and rested this year. Her 70.3 Switzerland result shows she's even better at all three disciplines. Only 11 minutes behind the male winner. Insane.
Put all your money on Lucy if you want to lose it.
Quote Reply
Re: Daniela Ryf Schedule/Money [talbotcox] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Are you so sure about that after her performance this weekend? Even without Anne Haug flatting, she beats her by about 25 mins.
Quote Reply
Re: Daniela Ryf Schedule/Money [CgyTriGuy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Very true..... RYF was unstoppable with with only biking 12 mins slower than Jan himself.

Anne was on the side of the rode for 14 minutes doing the flat. First Ironman Race. More to come watch that space.

You're right though Ryf has set her self up to be the one to beat in Kona. She is unreal and should be placed in the mens pro field.
Quote Reply
Re: Daniela Ryf Schedule/Money [NordicSkier] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
NordicSkier wrote:
robgray wrote:
I think she would (or she should) be pretty concerned/motivated about Lucy Charles, who will outswim Ryf, then bike much better than the already-great-bike she had last year. And her run should be in the same ballpark as Ryf. So on paper, I would put all my money on Lucy. If I were in Ryf's shoes, the last thing I would feel is complacent

Ryf was injured and tired last year. She's healed and rested this year. Her 70.3 Switzerland result shows she's even better at all three disciplines. Only 11 minutes behind the male winner. Insane.
Put all your money on Lucy if you want to lose it.

I have to agree that Ryf is the favorite. All things being equal or unless someone is employing the services of Tonya Harding Ryf will be hard to beat.

Gordon
Quote Reply
Re: Daniela Ryf Schedule/Money [Devlon] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Just another remark: Ryf mentioned after IM Frankfurt that she likes to race, but that she intentionally started late into the season in order to refresh body and mind. And to safe matches for the years to come.

Found here: http://www.fr.de/...aniela-ryf-a-1540661 (in German)

„Ich war definitiv am Limit“, sagte die 31-Jährige. Aber das Rennen, bei dem sie als Zweitplatzierte nach dem Schwimmen richtig Gas gegeben habe, sei „super“ gelaufen. Vielleicht auch, weil die frühere Dauerwettkämpferin „richtig heiß“ gewesen war. Erstmals hatte sie sich eine längere Pause gegönnt, war erst spät in die Saison eingestiegen. „Ich möchte ja noch einige Jahre vorne mitmischen“, erklärte sie. Zwar habe es sie im März in den Beinen gejuckt, als die anderen Frauen ihre ersten Wettkämpfe absolvierten. Doch die Auszeit sei gut für Kopf und Körper gewesen.

Google translate:
"I was definitely on the limit," said the 31-year-old. But the race, in which she was the second most successful after the swim, really went "great". Maybe also because the former permanent competitor had been "really hot". For the first time she had taken a longer break, had entered late in the season. "I'd like to be in the front for a few more years," she explained. Although it itched in March in the legs, as the other women completed their first competitions. But the break was good for the head and body.
Quote Reply

Prev Next