Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Best Bike Box/Bag [dkennison] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
dkennison wrote:
I still have the discount code active if someone wants the $150.00 off. Code is BF2020

I'm wanting to buy one of these but the shipping cost seems insane at $600 with USPS!!

Anyone got any cheaper alternatives for shipping options?
Quote Reply
Re: Best Bike Box/Bag [dunno] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Does anyone have experience with the Ocucase Airport Ninja which is supposed to comply with regular luggage dimensions?
Quote Reply
Re: Best Bike Box/Bag [dunno] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
That is the duty and freight to Australia.

Inside the US the freight is $35

Dan Kennison

facebook: @triPremierBike
http://www.PremierBike.com
http://www.PositionOneSports.com
Quote Reply
Re: Best Bike Box/Bag [tctritexan] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Resuscitating this old post as I have been wondering about the Scicon Aerotech hard case box.

If anyone has this, does this case fit a TT bike, AND a disc wheel? I am fine to have to loosen (not remove) the cockpit and TT bars, but how secure is the packing with the bars and disc wheel?

Bike is a size XS Specialized Shiv, and a HED disc wheel.
Quote Reply
Re: Best Bike Box/Bag [syko.su] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
syko.su wrote:
Resuscitating this old post as I have been wondering about the Scicon Aerotech hard case box.

If anyone has this, does this case fit a TT bike, AND a disc wheel? I am fine to have to loosen (not remove) the cockpit and TT bars, but how secure is the packing with the bars and disc wheel?

Bike is a size XS Specialized Shiv, and a HED disc wheel.

If this is what you are talking about, then I have one, and have flown with it a few times. I have gotten a new bike since the last time I used the case, but I have a medium tri bike and disc wheel. I took the disc wheel when I raced once in Europe, and I also took a 90mm deep rear when I raced in Kona. Overall, the box is pretty sound and seems to provide good protection. I did use a ton of pipe insulation and bubble wrap when packing the bike. Weight of the box is pretty good, and with the bike, I still had 8-10 pounds of other gear I could put in to be under the 50 lb weight limit. I really like the wheels, and it is very easy to move around, even when loaded up.

Blog: http://262toboylstonstreet.blogspot.com/
https://twitter.com/NateThomasTri
Coaching: https://bybtricoaching.com/ - accepting athletes for 2023
Quote Reply
Re: Best Bike Box/Bag [natethomas] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thanks Nate, that's very comforting to hear. Traveling with the disc wheel and Shiv for the first time, so very anxious as to whether how well the box will protect them. Thanks!
Quote Reply
Re: Best Bike Box/Bag [TomvdS] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Yes - I used a size L airport ninja on recent travel with a mountain bike.

Disassembled bike into the following parts: frame, wheels, fork (brake calipers removed with blocker installed), cabled/hosed handlebar and stem, derailleur hanging loose, chain and derailleur hanger removed. Seat/seat post bottomed out.

Packed loose included: chain, multi tool, hanger, spare hanger, zip ties, lezyne high volume compact pump, pedals, lube, zip locs

Tips: Disassembled with multi tool to ensure that everything could be reassembled. Used a few sliced tennis balls as frame bumpers.

Bag was declared, checked on line and simply dropped off at checkin, no questions. Travel was with United in the USA (2legs). Bag weight was 39lbs - comparable, if not less than others’ standard checked bags. Return travel found that there was a TSA inspection too and they seemed to be able to repack everything easily. Nothing damaged or scratched. I even asked the check agent to add a few fragile stickers.

Can’t speak to a frame/fork with integrated hose, but Orucase has videos on how this is done too - just haven’t studied it
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
hello reviving this thread since the SCICON AEROTECH EVOLUTION X TSA BIKE Case was mentioned. and I can get it at a good deal

How did you find traveling it? what was your experience and most importantly, how much disassembly of the front did you have to do? I have an tri rig alpha with delta cover front end would rather not have to take them off.

Thank you

Tridad
Quote Reply
Re: Best Bike Box/Bag [gillesgh] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I’ve only flown with the hard case and a road bike.

But I have packed it with my TT bike and gone on road trip with it.

TT bike:
Packing: I pretty much have to loosen all components on the cockpit to pack them. Including handlebars, elbow pads etc. Saddle bottle cages also had to be removed. Unavoidable as I didn’t want them (the handlebar and cockpit) to crush my disc wheel.

Wheels fit well and secure. I had to release most of the air out though, to fit into the wheel compartment and I had a tubeless set up.

Packing for Road bike on travel and flights:
Due to its shape, you’ll require a six seater vehicle to transport it. This is the only downside.

I have another Trico hard case and this one goes sideways on the backseat of a sedan.

Typically with bike case, bike, wheels, tools and some bibs/jerseys, weight is about 20kg. Taken a couple of flights and everything has been safe.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply

for the TT, when you say loosen you mean you have to take them off. That's what I am trying to avoid, especially the handlebar

thank you for getting back to me. Appreciate your feedback.

Tridad
Quote Reply
Re: Best Bike Box/Bag [gillesgh] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Things just got better , Look what we did for you guys and its almost ready to go.. Remove your wheels pack and go..

can anyone hook us up with a US distributor ?
Quote Reply
Re: Best Bike Box/Bag [natethomas] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
LOOK WHAT WE DID !

TAKE A LOOK AT THIS

https://www.kickstarter.com/.../new-shokbox-premium
Quote Reply

Prev Next