Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

New "How to choose a bike fitter" Poll
Quote | Reply
Seems like this poll needs to allow more than one choice...maybe rank your top three? Yes I based my choice friend's recommendations, but only after reading a crap-ton of info on Slowtwitch, and researching every FIST and GURU dealer in a couple hundred miles. I was a classic "got the free fit with the bike" guy, and it took a couple of years to realize I was fit to the bike and not sold the bike that would fit me.

What do other kind-of-new to the sport folks think?

I'm closer to the feathered end of the spear than the point.
Quote Reply
Re: New "How to choose a bike fitter" Poll [David_Tris] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I agree with you that it is usually a combination of the choices provided. In the Dallas area in particular there is a huge difference in bike fitting services offered. One shop may be the premier bike shop as far as brands and quantity but another has invested heavily in their bike fitting services (training personal and toolset) and it shows, and than you have another shop that shouldn't even be allowed to advertise they do bike fittings.

I would think there should be come kind of quality control for companies like Guru and Retul on shops that advertise they offer their services once they have sold them their bike fitting toolset. So many shops have the Retul system and/or Guru system but can't fit a bike to save their life.
Quote Reply
Re: New "How to choose a bike fitter" Poll [David_Tris] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I've been thinking about this for a while now. I got a fit when I bought my tri bike. I used a local bike shop here in Gainesville (Super Cool Bike shop for those in the area), though I didn't buy the bike from them. I feel like the fitter did a good job considering I weight about 230 lbs and got winded during the fitting. The fit has been comfortable and I'm able to run off the bike.

However, now that I'm leaner (180 lbs) and more competitive I feel like I'm leaving time on the course with my fit. As an example on a flat course NP/AP (260/250) on Kestrel 4000 TT bike, Aero helmet and stock wheels I do about 24 mph. Looking at what other on here do, I definitely can get more aero. I know I need wheels, and I'm saving some money for that, but I also think a new/better fit would help.

That being said, I have no idea who to call or what to even ask for. I could go back to the same LBS and ask for a more "aggressive" fit, but is that actually what I want? I'm curious to hear people's thoughts on this (or if your in Gainesville, possibly give a reco ;) )
Quote Reply