Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Buffalo Springs Lake Wind [T3_Beer] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
T3_Beer wrote:
Sean H wrote:
T3_Beer wrote:
I checked the website last night and they have 2019 registration open at $175 for the 70.3. They haven't sent out an email yet, but I tried it anyways, and got registered at that price. Thought I would share in case anyone else is interested.

Dang they just sent out a discount code for $150! Hope they’ll give you a refund!

Yeah, I saw that. I'm sure they would give me one if I asked, but I appreciate them trying to keep this race alive so I'm not going to worry about it.

Attendance used to be about 1,000 participants and this year it was less than 600? Is that right?
Quote Reply
Re: Buffalo Springs Lake Wind [original] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Attendance was over 1000 when they offered Kona slots. When that went away, it dropped to 700-800. This year was smaller than usual. They've typically had 90+ in my AG this year was closer to 70.
Quote Reply
Re: Buffalo Springs Lake Wind [original] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I glanced at the list at check-in and it showed 687 total registrants. I'm guessing about 600 actually showed up and around 400 finished. It definitely felt emptier on the course and in the transition area than past years, but it's still a great race.
Quote Reply
Re: Buffalo Springs Lake Wind [T3_Beer] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Total finishers 436: http://mychiptime.com/...chevent.php?id=11509

Sounds like an awesomely tough day. I do hope they keep this race going. Courses like this one (with character) seem to be a dying breed.
Quote Reply

Prev Next