Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Currently riding 2008 P2 Cervelo. How much faster if I get a new bike?
Quote | Reply
Not interested unless I can go faster

Current bike works just fine and I also have a 2008 Cervelo which runs fine

How much faster would a new or newer Cervelo be?

Or maybe a different bike brand?

Or maybe put the money into more aero handlebars etc?

I already have FLO Disc.

I only do sprints now no more olympics Of halves
Last edited by: RBR: Jun 24, 18 16:05
Quote Reply
Re: Currently riding 2008 P2 Cervelo. How much faster if I get a new bike? [RBR] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
RBR wrote:

I already have FLO Disc.

Ask this Kona rookie how that bike worked out!!!
Quote Reply
Re: Currently riding 2008 P2 Cervelo. How much faster if I get a new bike? [RBR] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Probably zero. The old P2C is still a fast frame, especially if the long and low position works for you. With a few modifications it’ll be 99.9% as fast as a modern tri bike, faster than some.
Quote Reply
Re: Currently riding 2008 P2 Cervelo. How much faster if I get a new bike? [bullmoose] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I don’t drink while on the bike

Does the down tube bottle help with aero dynamics?

What about a regular bottle between the handle bars or an aero bar?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Not really but hydrating will definitely help you go faster :)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
When I went from my 2009 P2 to my 2014 P2 (bought new in Dec 2015) I didn't notice any speed difference.

I just wanted a new bike.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
RBR wrote:
I don’t drink while on the bike

Does the down tube bottle help with aero dynamics?

What about a regular bottle between the handle bars or an aero bar?

If you have a gap between your arms then putting a bottle between them is usually considered faster than no bottle.

Down tube may depend on the bottle. I would think the classic P2 is faster without a bottle on the down tube given the entire tube is an airfoil shape. Curvelo published some data a few years ago and said a bottle generally high up behind the seat could be faster, and generally not slower, than no bottle at all.

If I was racing short course on a P2 I would just go with a bottle between your arms.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
RBR wrote:

I already have FLO Disc.

Very little. The P2 has barely changed shape/weight in 10 years.
Quote Reply
Re: Currently riding 2008 P2 Cervelo. How much faster if I get a new bike? [zedzded] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Great info

Thank you to all who replied
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
i have a good friend who makes aero testing for bike components as his job and i saw the frame test data. between the slowest and the fastest, there are 15Watts difference.
this is the worst case scenario you can lose having the worst in the market (P2 from 2008 is not the worst on that list though...)
Quote Reply
Re: Currently riding 2008 P2 Cervelo. How much faster if I get a new bike? [bullmoose] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
The P2C allowed for short and tall fits, the P3C was long and low, especially for larger sizes
Last edited by: jollyroger88: Jun 25, 18 3:10
Quote Reply
Re: Currently riding 2008 P2 Cervelo. How much faster if I get a new bike? [jollyroger88] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Right, sorry, I meant compared to the new p2/p3.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Yeah, but all of those exposed cables and lack of an extra cog on the back are really hurting you! (Pink)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
We all definitely ask that same question. I wish I knew the answer (2008 Specialized Transition Elite, if anyone cares to chime in), but in my case, my bike handling skills suck (I ride exclusively on a trainer) and my FTP is only 3.6W/kg. I've resigned myself to not investigating other alternatives until I don't weave around like I'm drunk and my FTP is at least 4.2W/kg.
But if I had a lot of money, I'd probably go out and buy a new bike tomorrow. Lol.

---------------------------------------------------------------

https://connect.garmin.com/modern/profile/domingjm
Quote Reply