Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Sarah Sanders kicked out of a restaurant [big kahuna] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
big kahuna wrote:
TimeIsUp wrote:
big kahuna wrote:
As far as that poor woman being run over by that idiot white nationalist, James Fields, in Charlottesville, had the police on the scene done their jobs and kept the protesters and counter-protesters separated, as the state police and other crowd control experts strongly advised they do, she'd still be alive today. Instead, the attitude among the cops was that whatever happened when the counter-protesters and white nationalists began fighting with each other was on their heads, not on the cops'.

Sorry for the thread hijack, but did you seriously just blame the cops for someone killing someone else? It sure sounds like you are relieving James Fields from responsibility for his actions. Sad.

Please don't put words in my mouth. Plenty of others here have that task already. ;-)

My point regarding Charlottesville is this. Abrogation of responsibility on the part of the police allowed that woman to be killed by that white nationalist. Had they simply done what they were supposed to do, she'd be alive today. In that regard, they're culpable in her death.

There's plenty of blame to go around when it comes to that poor woman's demise. Fields surely killed her, probably in a fit of rage, at minimum, though maybe it was even premeditated.

The police and local authorities share some degree of responsibility for her death, however, something that was created when the stand-down order to police at the scene of the protest was instituted. The protest then turned into a deadly riot once they got out of the way. That's squarely on their shoulders for Not. Doing. Their. Job.

I didn’t need to put words in your mouth. Read what you wrote the first time. You in no way insinuated it was Field’s fault and instead, opted to throw the cops under the bus.
Last edited by: TimeIsUp: Jun 25, 18 16:10
Quote Reply
Re: Sarah Sanders kicked out of a restaurant [blueraider_mike] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
blueraider_mike wrote:
Slowman wrote:
JSA wrote:
slowguy wrote:
Quote:
In fact, if she did not give the name of the restaurant, she would have been blasted for that as well.

Tough shit. That's why she gets paid the big bucks.

"She would have been blasted" by the press is not really a valid excuse for doing something she shouldn't have done.

The only problem with your position is that she did nothing wrong.

i'm with slowguy on this one. i agree with you that they should have just served her (the owner acquitted herself well in her comments, but i think they should have served her); but sanders could have taken the road that befits her position and she chose not to (not that i'm surprised).

Meanwhile, more details coming out. After Sanders crew left they went to a restaurant across the street. Said owner organized a group to scream at them from the street corner.

"Details coming out."

Like "people are saying," or "I heard that."

At least you haven't (yet) repeated the "details about the Red Hen co-owner who is a registered sex offender, and that the Red Hen hires illegal immigrants.

Is the Lavender Room becoming like Facebook as a conduit for fake news and unsubstantiated rumors?

----------------------------------
"Go yell at an M&M"
Quote Reply
Re: Sarah Sanders kicked out of a restaurant [TimeIsUp] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
TimeIsUp wrote:
big kahuna wrote:
TimeIsUp wrote:
big kahuna wrote:

As far as that poor woman being run over by that idiot white nationalist, James Fields, in Charlottesville, had the police on the scene done their jobs and kept the protesters and counter-protesters separated, as the state police and other crowd control experts strongly advised they do, she'd still be alive today. Instead, the attitude among the cops was that whatever happened when the counter-protesters and white nationalists began fighting with each other was on their heads, not on the cops'.

Sorry for the thread hijack, but did you seriously just blame the cops for someone killing someone else? It sure sounds like you are relieving James Fields from responsibility for his actions. Sad.

Please don't put words in my mouth. Plenty of others here have that task already. ;-)

My point regarding Charlottesville is this. Abrogation of responsibility on the part of the police allowed that woman to be killed by that white nationalist. Had they simply done what they were supposed to do, she'd be alive today. In that regard, they're culpable in her death.

There's plenty of blame to go around when it comes to that poor woman's demise. Fields surely killed her, probably in a fit of rage, at minimum, though maybe it was even premeditated.

The police and local authorities share some degree of responsibility for her death, however, something that was created when the stand-down order to police at the scene of the protest was instituted. The protest then turned into a deadly riot once they got out of the way. That's squarely on their shoulders for Not. Doing. Their. Job.

I didn’t need to put words in your mouth. Read what you wrote the first time. You in no way insinuated it was Field’s fault and instead, opted to throw the cops under the bus.

Good lord BK the mental gymnastics here is staggering. So are you going to take a knee to protest the cops (in)action?
Quote Reply
Re: Sarah Sanders kicked out of a restaurant [Slowman] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Slowman wrote:
i'm not denying this happened, because i wasn't there. just, has anyone other than mike huckabee alleged this? who was, you know, there? (because mike wasn't.)

I cannot find any confirmation. Mike Huckabee seems to be the only source. Make of that what you will. Like you, I wasn't there.

“In fact, a little known part of this story, is that after Sarah and her husband left and the family relocated to a restaurant across the street, the owner of the Red Hen then organized an effort to go and scream at them from the sidewalk at the other restaurant,” Huckabee claimed in an interview on “The Intelligence Report with Trish Regan.”

“Finally, one of Sarah’s in-laws, who happens to be very liberal, it’s her brother-in-law, went out in the street and said, ‘Look, Sarah’s already left. She didn’t stay for obvious reasons. She’s had all she needs tonight. The rest of us are trying to have dinner. I’m a liberal. I’m not a Trump supporter. But you guys aren’t helping our cause,’” Huckabee went on to say. “So, it wasn’t just what happened in the Little Red Hen restaurant, it’s what happened ongoing by the owner of that restaurant.”

http://www.foxnews.com/...e-huckabee-says.html

If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went. - Will Rogers

Emery's Third Coast Triathlon | Tri Wisconsin Triathlon Team | Push Endurance | GLWR
Quote Reply
Re: Sarah Sanders kicked out of a restaurant [Slowman] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
The other comment I am going to make, and it isn't directed specifically to you (Slowman) is this:

Does anyone think the behavior of the owner of the Red Hen helps anything? Anything at all? We already have a problem with the best and brightest moving further and further from politics and political office. Good men and women and seeing the shit taken by our politicians and government officials and saying, "not for me." Does anyone really believe this type of behavior will entice politicians and government officials to act in a more "appropriate" way? Or, does it further drive good men and women away from public service?

This conduct, this utter lack of civility, by people from all political persuasions, is very, very bad and will end very, very badly.

You know why Trump is President? Because instead of getting the leader we needed, we got the leader we deserved.

If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went. - Will Rogers

Emery's Third Coast Triathlon | Tri Wisconsin Triathlon Team | Push Endurance | GLWR
Quote Reply
Re: Sarah Sanders kicked out of a restaurant [Spiridon Louis] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Whatabout Joe Biden?

“Read the transcript.”
Quote Reply
Re: Sarah Sanders kicked out of a restaurant [Spiridon Louis] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Whatabout Moms demand action?

“Read the transcript.”
Quote Reply
Re: Sarah Sanders kicked out of a restaurant [JSA] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Quote:
Does anyone think the behavior of the owner of the Red Hen helps anything?

Of course not. It was petty and meaningless.

I guess the difference is, I hold the White House Press Secretary to a different standard than a private business owner, and so do federal ethics regulations.

Quote:
Or, does it further drive good men and women away from public service?

I'm not sure this specific instance has any impact on whether good men and women choose public service. Most good men and women who choose service don't expect that they'll be the person who is treated poorly because they don't view themselves as the type of person to engender such anger or dislike.

Quote:
This conduct, this utter lack of civility, by people from all political persuasions, is very, very bad and will end very, very badly.

Agreed, and it's on both sides of the aisle, both sides of the public/Administration dynamic, and it's been increasingly disturbing for years.

Slowguy

(insert pithy phrase here...)
Quote Reply
Re: Sarah Sanders kicked out of a restaurant [JSA] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
JSA wrote:

I got a militant type on my FB feed. I love the guy, not a fan of his politics.

Here are some of his memes:

"retweeted Atrios (@Atrios):
what matters most is that pro-kids in cages and anti-kids in cages voters can get together and have a civil discussion about it"

Quote Reply
Re: Sarah Sanders kicked out of a restaurant [klehner] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
The Lavender Room is like Facebook, a conduit for fake news and unsubstantiated rumors?

Fixed it for you.

I wonder where the Trump supporters got the idea to claim everything as fake news or to claim unsubstantiated rumors that they agree with, as fact? If only there was a way to know.
Quote Reply
Re: Sarah Sanders kicked out of a restaurant [axlsix3] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
axlsix3 wrote:
TimeIsUp wrote:
big kahuna wrote:
TimeIsUp wrote:
big kahuna wrote:

Good lord BK the mental gymnastics here is staggering. So are you going to take a knee to protest the cops (in)action?

I criticized the cops' actions, here in the LR, back when those two idiot groups -- protesters and counter-protesters -- were engaging in their infantile behaviors in Charlottesville. No need for mental gymnastics, sir, when there was clearly more than enough culpability for that poor woman's death to go around. Laying it solely at the feet of the murderer, Fields, lets a good many others off the hook, it seems to me. He should get what he deserves, which in a just world is either life in prison (if second-degree murder) or the death penalty (if first-degree premeditated). The local police, who stood aside and said "let them fight it out," deserve sanctioning as well.

"Politics is just show business for ugly people."
Quote Reply
Re: Sarah Sanders kicked out of a restaurant [Sanuk] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Sanuk wrote:
The Lavender Room is like Facebook, a conduit for fake news and unsubstantiated rumors?

Fixed it for you.

I wonder where the Trump supporters got the idea to claim everything as fake news or to claim unsubstantiated rumors that they agree with, as fact? If only there was a way to know.

You should have left the question mark off and inserted a period (or an exclamation point, if your hair was on fire at the time you wrote it) if you were going to make a declarative statement. So go back and fix it again. ;-)

Here's the downside to the internet: it allows unfiltered information to flow at the speed of light (literally). I demonstrated that with the post about the owner's continuing to protest after Sanders and co. left her dining establishment. Would I consider Huckabee to be a primary source, in the old days of journalism? Nope. I'm not even sure he'd be a tertiary source or anything other than a hearsay source, quite honestly. But these aren't the old days.

The internet and the speed with which information now flows has been both a boon and a bane to the traditional media, which both hates that it can't control the flow of information anymore, and yet craves the clicks and views it can garner them, because they'll die on the vine if they can't become expert at the new game.

Personally, I think it's been more of a boon than a bane. Those who place blind faith in the old-line media as an institution that can be trusted at all times to deliver, in an impartial manner, "all the news that's fit to print," typically think it's been a bane. But there's no going back to the old ways, that much is certain.

"Politics is just show business for ugly people."
Last edited by: big kahuna: Jun 26, 18 5:33
Quote Reply

Prev Next