Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Wheels mfg BBright bb 30mm spindle? P5 help.
Quote | Reply
I'm tired of the BBright creaking in my P5. I'd like to go to a threaded unit like the Wheels mfg units but can't seem to find one that hits all the dimensions. I see no need to switch cranks from my Rotor 3D+ with a 30mm spindle to one that has a 24\22mm spindle. Is BBinfinite my only real option?
Quote Reply
Re: Wheels mfg BBright bb 30mm spindle? P5 help. [Ktri] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I'd spend the extra $16 and get the angular contact bearings. https://wheelsmfg.com/...ontact-bb-black.html
Quote Reply
Re: Wheels mfg BBright bb 30mm spindle? P5 help. [geauxTT] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
geauxTT wrote:
I'd spend the extra $16 and get the angular contact bearings. https://wheelsmfg.com/...ontact-bb-black.html

Yeah, at some point Cervelo (and others) should just go ahead and throw in the towel on the native press fit debacle and start providing these (with angular contact) as OEM BB's.

It was a nice idea, but it's over.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I've heard about this. My P5 doesn't do it much at all but yesterday as a matter of fact as I was grinding up a a series of hills/rollers/mtn it was creaking loudly for the first time really (and only on the climbs...not when I am riding flats etc). Does this get worse with the bikes age or are some bb's better than others and maybe mine just isnt that creaky? Any other advantages since $75 seems reasonable if it's only going to get worse from here. Thanks.
Quote Reply
Re: Wheels mfg BBright bb 30mm spindle? P5 help. [yrebetta] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Make sure it's not the pedals or rear hub. Been there....
Quote Reply
Re: Wheels mfg BBright bb 30mm spindle? P5 help. [Emma'sDad] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thank you for this. I started to get overwhelmed and lost track of this one.
Quote Reply
Re: Wheels mfg BBright bb 30mm spindle? P5 help. [geauxTT] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
geauxTT wrote:

I just got this installed on my P2 and it was the best part of my bike ride yesterday haha...

Brent

DFRU - Detta Family Racing Unit...the kids like it and we all get out and after it...gotta keep the fam involved!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
For what it's worth, and probably not very useful for your deliberations:

I ride a Cannondale CAAD12, which is BB30A (*) (a wider, asymmetric, and therefore even more stupid BB30). When built it, I wanted to carry my old 24mm Shimano crank over, and settled on a Wheels Mfg adapter BB. Worked fine initially, but then after a couple of rainy rides, the creaking began. And all the experts, both IRL and online, tell me, "Yeah, sometimes it just be like that. Those adapters creak". So I bit the bullet and found a nice BB30 Rotor 3D+ crank, got an FSA BB30 bottom bracket, and never looked back.

So that's my warning: adapter BBs creak.

(*) The really infuriating thing about BB30A is that the only cranks you can buy that officially fit it are these insanely expensive FSA ones. Some reasonably priced BB30 ones fit, like the Rotor ones, but not officially. i.e. they fit but Rotor doesn't want you to come complaining with problems. And I understand nobody wants to go through the trouble of officially supporting BB30A, since only the CAAD12 and the Cannondale Synapse have it.

Citizen of the world, former drunkard. Resident Traumatic Brain Injury advocate.
Quote Reply