Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Do it all garmin
Quote | Reply
Looking to possibly replace my 910xt and Vivoactive HR combo. As we all know the VAHR does not do open water. Last race my 910 was worthless the whole day and recorded nothing. Especially not open water. I tested it again on land and it seemed fine but haven’t had a chance to try open water again.

Recommendations? I’d like something with a little more battery life. I want to keep the HR on the wrist because I’m stupid and often forget my HR strap even though I prefer it. I like the smart watch notifications of the VAHR and use it as an activity tracker as well.

Contenders so far...
Fenix 3 HR
Fenix 5/935
Suunto Spartan
735xt

Leading contender is likely Fenix 3HR since it’s cheaper than the other Garmins on referb. However the Spartan looks intriguing.

I still lapped everyone on the couch!
Quote Reply
Re: Do it all garmin [Jloewe] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I use the Garmin 735xt as my daily driver and it works great for my needs but the battery is not great. If you turn off the optical and BT and play with type of GPS accuracy you can eek out some battery life. I love the watch but I don't use it races except for the run which has done fine for my low 3 hours Ironmans. I would think if you want to use it for a race you have to look at the Garmin 935.

Save: $50 on Speed Hound Recovery Boots | $20 on Air Relax| $100 on Normatec| 15% on Most Absorbable Magnesium

Blogs: Best CHEAP Zwift / Bike Trainer Desk | Theragun G3 vs $140 Bivi Percussive Massager | Normatec Pulse 2.0 vs Normatec Pulse | Speed Hound vs Normatec | Air Relax vs Normatec | Q1 2018 Blood Test Results | | Why HED JET+ Is The BEST value wheelset
Quote Reply
Re: Do it all garmin [Jloewe] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
My Fenix 2 died several months ago and I replaced it with the 5. I am very happy with it. On Thursday, Garmin announced the 5 + line which includes, music, maps and contactless payments. They are about $150-$200 more expensive than the comparable 5 line (5S, 5, 5X). Garmin also just released a beta software update for the 5 to include Galileo tracking (if you're into hiking or trail running, this is supposed to be the latest rage). Anyway, you can read all about it over at dcrainmaker.com. Good luck.
Quote Reply