Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: MSRP <$700; should I consider anything besides Kickr Snap? [trail] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Iā€™m not that smart, I just follow dc rainmaker. Itā€™s his opinion. Heā€™s in the know. He IS the know lol
Quote Reply
Re: MSRP <$700; should I consider anything besides Kickr Snap? [GreenPlease] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Same here. Have had a Kickr for several years and picked up an Omnium for when I'm in hotels for work. I've been blown away with how well the Omnium works that I've starting using it more at home as well. As long as you've got a power meter on the bike it's a great option.
Quote Reply
Re: MSRP <$700; should I consider anything besides Kickr Snap? [shawrx] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I think the fact that the rear wheel can move a bit makes the trainer more comfortable to ride for extended periods and adjustments you make to your fit for comfort on the Omnium better translate out into the real world.
Quote Reply
Re: MSRP <$700; should I consider anything besides Kickr Snap? [GreenPlease] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I love my Kickr Snap. Theyā€™ve now adopted the same method of calculating power on the Kickr itself so thereā€™s no reason it shouldnā€™t be accurate if spun down correctly. Mine correlates with both 4iiii and Stages on different bikes.
Itā€™s also a lot quieter than a ā€˜properā€™ Kickr and way quieter than my 36ā€ of fans.

And thanks to the flywheel, the road feel is amazing!
Erg mode is accurate and very smooth.

After 18months and lots of heavy use (90kg, 330ftp and 6ā€“8hrs a week), the roller bearing did gave up but Wahoo were great and had a new one here within a week, no questions asked.
Quote Reply
Re: MSRP <$700; should I consider anything besides Kickr Snap? [trail] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
trail wrote:
Sbernardi wrote:
Itā€™s 2 weeks away....

Oh, shoot, I thought it was much later, sorry. Confused with Interbike or something.

Still, though, you often have to wait months to actually buy whatever is announced....but I agree, 2 weeks is worth at least scanning the playing field.

3-4 years ago that was the case, but last year things were pretty quick for some trainers. Wahoo had units available on announcement day. Elite had units before Eurobike (they announced earlier).

I expect a blend for 2018. You'll see some companies have units on day 0, and other companies have units later in the fall. The bulk will sit in August.

Either way, as always, buying any trainer (or power meter) the week before Eurobike is about the worst choice one can make...unless you really really really need a trainer this week.

-
My tiny little slice of the internets: dcrainmaker.com
Quote Reply

Prev Next