Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Tim Don switches to SLF Motion Hyperspeed Pulleys [BPowell_CS] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
BPowell_CS wrote:
Incorrect. There is a reason, unfortunately one that is out of the hands of Tim and CeramicSpeed. This goes for other S-Racing athletes mentioned in this thread.

So I'm guessing that your memorandum of agreement ended?

But why would that stop Specialized athletes as individuals from using the product if Specialized just went back to dura-ace?

Washed up footy player turned Triathlete.
Quote Reply
Re: Tim Don switches to SLF Motion Hyperspeed Pulleys [TulkasTri] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
TulkasTri wrote:
TRIPRO wrote:
TriSpencer wrote:
Ceramicspeeds may look cool, but after a few hundred miles of riding, your shifting gets out of whack and there’s a serious lag/delay.

I sold my OSPW and went to enduro pulleys. Very happy

Well, i’m riding them and over a 2000 km on them. Shifts as smooth as it can be with my Di2. But...you need to get the right chainlength, take care of your chain but if you don’t do this there is also no reason to invest in them.

How did you figure out the length?

I left mine the same.... works fine with my 28t/30t and even 32t cassettes. I remember watching someones youtube video that had all kinds of issues when they shortened the chain. I'm also on the High tension level.
Quote Reply
Re: Tim Don switches to SLF Motion Hyperspeed Pulleys [Thomas Gerlach] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Do you know if the KCNC would work with eTap?
Quote Reply
Re: Tim Don switches to SLF Motion Hyperspeed Pulleys [TulkasTri] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
put the chain on the small ring in front small ring in back, and make it so the pulleys don't touch the chain rings.
Quote Reply
Re: Tim Don switches to SLF Motion Hyperspeed Pulleys [TriathlonJoe] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Quote Reply
Re: Tim Don switches to SLF Motion Hyperspeed Pulleys [FastFreddy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Looks to me that the ceramicspeed OSPW is still on her (Lucy Charles) bike looking at her insta story

blog
Last edited by: stevej: Jun 27, 18 6:21
Quote Reply
Re: Tim Don switches to SLF Motion Hyperspeed Pulleys [TriathlonJoe] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
SLF has a eTap system.
Quote Reply
Re: Tim Don switches to SLF Motion Hyperspeed Pulleys [stevej] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
stevej wrote:
Looks to me that the ceramicspeed OSPW is still on her (Lucy Charles) bike looking at her insta story

I saw that. You are correct. Ben from Ceramic Speed even said Specialized was controlling that. Strange. I’ve heard Lucy plays to her own rules, but maybe Specialized made an acception for her, which wouldn’t be right for the other sponsored athletes in my eyes.
Quote Reply
Re: Tim Don switches to SLF Motion Hyperspeed Pulleys [FastFreddy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I will take a look at her bike, I'm here at Challenge Roth.
Quote Reply
Re: Tim Don switches to SLF Motion Hyperspeed Pulleys [Brandes] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Well, it actually happened: https://www.instagram.com/...?taken-by=tri_thedon

Quote Reply
Re: Tim Don switches to SLF Motion Hyperspeed Pulleys [BryanD] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
BryanD wrote:
Comparing material specs between Ceramic Speed and SLF Motion. Ceramic Speed uses aluminum pulley wheels and a plastic cage. I have heard of people breaking these cages.

SLF Motion cages won't break because they are made out aluminum. You also get titanium wheels and coated bearings. Oh, you want coated bearings with Ceramic Speed? Add another $100.

Blake also offers different colors. It's 100% better, stronger, cooler, and cheaper than anything Ceramic Speed makes.

^this^ I've seen Ceramic Speed cages blow right off the deraileur. Then again, I've had my own SRAM Red one blow apart in the same way. I will say this, I've never had a Shimano cage blow apart.
Quote Reply
Re: Tim Don switches to SLF Motion Hyperspeed Pulleys [Rocky M] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Rocky M wrote:
BryanD wrote:
Comparing material specs between Ceramic Speed and SLF Motion. Ceramic Speed uses aluminum pulley wheels and a plastic cage. I have heard of people breaking these cages.

SLF Motion cages won't break because they are made out aluminum. You also get titanium wheels and coated bearings. Oh, you want coated bearings with Ceramic Speed? Add another $100.

Blake also offers different colors. It's 100% better, stronger, cooler, and cheaper than anything Ceramic Speed makes.

^this^ I've seen Ceramic Speed cages blow right off the deraileur. Then again, I've had my own SRAM Red one blow apart in the same way. I will say this, I've never had a Shimano cage blow apart.

The ceramicspeed pulley cage is not plastic.

blog
Quote Reply
Re: Tim Don switches to SLF Motion Hyperspeed Pulleys [Thomas Gerlach] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I thought I would try out the oversized pulley fad and dipped my toe in the pool with a relatively cheap version that would fit onto a DA 9000 RD but not the 9100 version I was using. I had a spare 9000 version so attached it but found that the axle that holds the lower pulley wheel sticks out towards the wheel and actually touches the spokes when in the biggest cassette cog. Consequently, I reversed the axle so that it stuck outwards away from the wheel. Little did I realise that this meant the axle which was holding the pulley was connected only on one side and that the carbon cage was not firmly attached on the other side.

There was something smooth and quiet that I liked about using the oversized pulley but I could not put my finger on it. Was it faster? I couldn't tell. However, on one fast bumpy downhill section the chain bounced out of the cage at the lower pulley wheel and began dragging on the ground. Back to the drawing board.

As I was preparing for the aquabike world champs held last weekend in Denmark and I liked the whole concept of oversized pulleys, I decided to dig very deeply into my wallet and fork out a ridiculous amount of money for the Ceramic Speed version which attaches to the DA9100 RD.

How did my first outing in a race with it go? Well I can't state that it contributed entirely to my success but I managed to put in the fastest time split in my AG over the 120km bike leg. Ok, no big deal - you're an old guy and there was not too much competition in your AG. Alright, but I managed to have a faster time split than all but the winner of the next AG down and in the AG below that one again, I had the fourth fastest bike. Maybe I just had a good day out but please don't tell anyone else in my AG about this so-called fad. :)
Quote Reply
Re: Tim Don switches to SLF Motion Hyperspeed Pulleys [Brandes] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
SLF Motion announcement: https://www.instagram.com/.../?taken-by=slfmotion

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Thomas Gerlach wrote:
Interesting move with Tim Don. Personally, Starky is probably a heck of a lot cheaper and he is a much better rider, but maybe they were looking at Tim as gaining access to the UK TT market. I am still using my Berner although I have a Ceramic Speed 13t/19t system but no way to upgrade it yet as I need a new derailleur. With that being said, I have to assume that the Ceramic Speed cages are more aerodynamic, lighter, and more efficient. Why are people choosing to go with SLF, especially since they are similarly priced?

Maybe it's not the UK market but because Tim wins races not just makes it into T2 first?

As an aside time saving from these over a 40k TT 1 sec?
Quote Reply

Prev Next