Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Blue Man Group Yeah or Nay
Quote | Reply
Heading to Universal this Fall after two years in a row at Disney, kids 5 & 10. Is the Blue Man Group worth seeing? The cost is marginal in the scheme of the trip but my biggest grip with Disney was we had something booked just about every night versus the ability to just chill. If we don't get tickets soon, they will likely be sold out.
Quote Reply
Re: Blue Man Group Yeah or Nay [Harry] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I haven't seen them at Universal in Orlando, but have seen them on their tour and at the Chicago venue. Definitely a very cool show, and I would certainly recommend it.

Travis Rassat
Vector Cycle Works
Noblesville, IN
BikeFit Instructor | FMS | F.I.S.T. | IBFI
Toughman Triathlon Series Ambassador
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Yay, for sure.

I have seen BMG twice and loved it both times.

How does Danny Hart sit down with balls that big?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Definitely
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
yes -

but if you're going to Universal - after 8pm is when the parks are least crowded. we were able to go on the Gringott's ride multiple times at 9pm just because that's when Harry Potter area had cleared out - there was no line of people but you spend 5-10 minutes snaking through the empty line area. After 8PM was less crowded than that "extra hour" that Universal hotel guests get in the morning.

my advice - go to the parks and save blue man for when you take a trip to NYC, Chicago, Vegas, or wherever BMG has a show.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Big yes! We saw it in Vegas and loved it.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I am the naysayer here - I got bored with a slight variation on the same theme in about 20 mins - sorry!!

Graham Wilson
USAT Level III Elite Coach
http://www.thewilsongroup.biz
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I've seen them in Chicago and a touring show. Great entertainment both times. I can't imagine a show better suited to children and adults at the same time. Kids will love it, but it isn't childish humor (for the most part)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Maybe the ten year old, but the five year old will be squirming in their seat after ten minutes.
Quote Reply
Re: Blue Man Group Yeah or Nay [jmcconne] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
jmcconne wrote:
Maybe the ten year old, but the five year old will be squirming in their seat after ten minutes.

My son watched a full show on you tube at 5 years old and loved it.

How does Danny Hart sit down with balls that big?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Never seen them in that venue, but, I have seen them twice in Chicago. Completely worth it. Love the show. Planning on seeing them again at some point.

If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went. - Will Rogers

Emery's Third Coast Triathlon | Tri Wisconsin Triathlon Team | Push Endurance | GLWR
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Harry wrote:
Heading to Universal this Fall after two years in a row at Disney, kids 5 & 10. Is the Blue Man Group worth seeing? The cost is marginal in the scheme of the trip but my biggest grip with Disney was we had something booked just about every night versus the ability to just chill. If we don't get tickets soon, they will likely be sold out.

Would recommend it full throttle for adults. However, although there's lots visually going on, I'd be concerned about the ability to hold the attention and garner the appreciation for the kids, especially the 5-year-old. My daughter at 5 would have been disinterested, but at 10 would love it.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I saw them in Vegas and it was fun. I'd say yes to break up the grind of your trip.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
They have a full-time show in Boston, I saw it with my wife last year and loved it. I was also one of their 'volunteers' for a portion of the skit, it was cool as hell being a part of it but even if I wasn't I had a blast. My wife had seen them 4 or 5 years prior and said it was basically the same show, so if anyone in the group has seen them before they're not getting anything new. Regardless, it's funny, entertaining, interactive, and you'll love it. I honestly don't know about the kids, I'd imagine the 10 year old will enjoy it but a 5 year old...I'm just not sure how much of the show he/she would 'get', and it can be loud with a lot of light effects so might scare them. That'd be my only reservation, but I'm sure someone here has gone with kids and can chime in.
Quote Reply
Re: Blue Man Group Yeah or Nay [ChiTownJack] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
ChiTownJack wrote:
my advice - go to the parks and save blue man for when you take a trip to NYC, Chicago, Vegas, or wherever BMG has a show.

Solid advice. I saw them in Vegas and they were awesome, I'd totally recommend it. But they tour, so if you can find them on tour it would be a better use of time in the park.
Quote Reply
Re: Blue Man Group Yeah or Nay [Durhamskier] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Durhamskier wrote:
ChiTownJack wrote:

Solid advice. I saw them in Vegas and they were awesome, I'd totally recommend it. But they tour, so if you can find them on tour it would be a better use of time in the park.

they don't tour but there are permanent shows in Boston, NYC, Chicago, Vegas, and Orlando --- the Chicago show has been here nearly 20 years, and I doubt it will close anytime soon.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply

Quote Reply