Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Good cadence and speed sensor that work with iPhone?
Quote | Reply
Never really used a cadence sensor or speedometer but think there might be something to use with iPhone

Maybe also something for pulse?
Quote Reply
Re: Good cadence and speed sensor that work with iPhone? [RBR] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Wahoo is really good. Bluetooth and ANT+ across all their devices. Not the cheapest ( Chinese off brand is always cheaper) but very reliable.
Get the seperate speed and cadence sensors, just gives you a bit more usage ability (yes, that is poorly worded)
They also need no magnets that way.

Reports are that their chest HR strap is pretty good as well.

I use a Mile Link myself, but my next one will probably be the new Scosche 24+ or whatever it is called.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
2nd on the Wahoo separate speed and cadence sensors. I used them for "virtual power" training on a dumb trainer with an iphone. When I got a power meter and garmin forerunner watch, I repurposed the cadence sensor for spin classes by using the shoe mount.

"They're made of latex, not nitroglycerin"
Last edited by: gary p: Jun 21, 18 4:35
Quote Reply
Re: Good cadence and speed sensor that work with iPhone? [gary p] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
gary p wrote:
2nd on the Wahoo separate speed and cadence sensors. I used them for "virtual power" training on a dumb trainer with an iphone. When I got a power meter and garmin forerunner watch, I repurposed the cadence sensor for spin classes by using the shoe mount.

Just want to ask opinions again before I order a speed sensor for my Felt IA. The old Bontrager Ant+ Speed sensor finally had to be tossed and it looks like Garmin and Wahoo hub mounted sensors are similar with similar Amazon reviews. Some good and some really bad. Better to ask ST.

Are these hub mounted sensors as good as the older seat stay magnetic type sensors?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Get one of these:

https://www.amazon.com/...to-BLE/dp/B071S929ZC

I use it to connect my ANT+ power meter and HR strap to an Apple TV so I can do Zwift. It's an ANT+ to Bluetooth bridge. You connect your existing ANT+ sensors to it and it will broadcast as one or more Bluetooth streams. It requires an iOS app, no Android yet as far as I know.

RBR wrote:
Never really used a cadence sensor or speedometer but think there might be something to use with iPhone

What's your CdA?
Quote Reply
Re: Good cadence and speed sensor that work with iPhone? [trailerhouse] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
trailerhouse wrote:
Get one of these:

https://www.amazon.com/...to-BLE/dp/B071S929ZC

I use it to connect my ANT+ power meter and HR strap to an Apple TV so I can do Zwift. It's an ANT+ to Bluetooth bridge. You connect your existing ANT+ sensors to it and it will broadcast as one or more Bluetooth streams. It requires an iOS app, no Android yet as far as I know.

RBR wrote:

Ah than you I meant for on the bike while outside

I don’t have a trainer
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Whaoo Speed/Cad sensor, definitely. The Chinese ones are hit and miss (I have one that starts giving weird readings on hi speed descents, but reads fine otherwise).

For HR I have a Mio Link (the scosche Rythm+ and the new Whaoo are also good). I actually take mine out of the band and have it on my quad under my cycling/tri shorts (works great).

ECMGN Therapy Silicon Valley:
Depression, Neurocognitive problems, Dementias (Testing and Evaluation), Trauma and PTSD, Traumatic Brain Injury (TBI)
Quote Reply