Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

And So It Begins!
Quote | Reply
And so it begins.

That didn't take long - what 10-11 days?

https://www.cbc.ca/...ogram-ends-1.4713161

I'm noting that Doug made no mention of this during the campaign, but I'm not surprised. He's been rather sheepish and vague where he really stands on Climate Change/Global Warming - so anything related to that, and this program was part of that - helping people make their homes more energy efficient - has to go!

Next will be the Cap & Trade or as Doug likes to WRONGLY call it the "Carbon Tax". Although here, it get's a bit tricky, as he will be mandated by the Federal Gov't to institute some form of Carbon Tax by Jan 1 of next year, or face a big show-down with the Federal Gov't.

Doug won't come right out and say it, but he strikes me as a denier of the whole GW thing and/or someone who does not give a shit about it. Let me drive my massive SUV all I want and buy the cheapest gas I can get!

What else has Doug not told us about that he will be moving on next?

I have my local MPP, who's a Conservative and I did not vote for on my speed-dial, eMail - she'll be hearing from me regularly.

Steve Fleck @stevefleck | Blog
Quote Reply
Re: And So It Begins! [Fleck] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I don't understand. Why in the hell are you focused on what is actually going on in your own country when you have so much Trump bashing to do?

If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went. - Will Rogers

Emery's Third Coast Triathlon | Tri Wisconsin Triathlon Team | Push Endurance | GLWR
Quote Reply
Re: And So It Begins! [JSA] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I don't understand. Why in the hell are you focused on what is actually going on in your own country when you have so much Trump bashing to do?

I know, right.

I wonder what Trump thinks of Ford's decision to scrap the GreenOn program?
Last edited by: Sanuk: Jun 21, 18 4:15
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Seeing fat guys cruising around in big black suvs hurts my fucking eyes. Double whammy when one of em has the power to push and claw back progressive environmental policies and programs that the majority of the people support
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
So Canada isnt the moose-fucking, sister-loving, rainbow-farting, seal-clubbing Nirvana the Canucks in the LR make it out to be? Gordon Lightfoot must be rolling over in his metaphorical grave....
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Well Canada is going to be one of the winners in global warming, so perhaps he is just looking out for you guys?? Once all that frozen tundra defrosts, you guys will take over all the growing of food that used to happen in our soon to be barren deserts. We do have Alaska though, perhaps they can take over the 50% of food production that CA will lose..

Kind of funny about all the leaders/potential leaders the world has been electing lately. Not much in-between the folks that take over countries and those elected to run them, some mass hysteria going on?? Hopefully just a cycle in the process of world governments, and it will soon be left behind for something else...
Quote Reply
Re: And So It Begins! [monty] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Kind of funny about all the leaders/potential leaders the world has been electing lately.

Indeed, something IS changing with regards to the democratic process - hard to put a finger on it.

How is it that someone with zero experience at this level, and a brief record of political incompetence and incoherence can rise to the level of leadership within a Political Party, and then win a Provincial Election, and become the leader of the 17th largest economy in the world? (Ontario). Sound familier? ;-)

If this were a Job that Doug Ford was applying for through a normal job application refereeing situation, he would fail miserably* - yet now he's in charge, of a many multi $billion economy, and making decisions that impact millions of people!

*As always with the Ford family there is a fascinating side/gong-show, and a law-suite is working it's way through the courts right now, that in the suite filing, Doug Ford, while he touts himself as some business genius, there are allegations in the law-suite that show, he's actually run the family business Deco Labels into the ground, and it's currently teetering on the brink of bankruptcy! These are allegations at this point, Deco Labels is a private company, so we don't know for sure, but we possibly might if this Law Suite ever reaches the courts! However, other bits of investigative work, and interviews with former employees at Deco, reveal the business to be chaotically run by Doug and his Brother Randy - it all fits a pattern of chaos, incoherence, and incompetence, that are hallmarks of just about everythng that the Ford family involves themselves with.

Quote Reply
Re: And So It Begins! [shady] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Seeing fat guys cruising around in big black suvs hurts my fucking eyes.

Why doesn't Doug Ford just make it easy on us, and just say he does NOT believe in Global Warming, it's all a hoax and a scam!

His actions and behavior both as a private citizen, and as a politician, indicate that, that IS what his position is!

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
And so it continues.

Doug Ford scrapped in the last few days the progressive Sex Ed curriculum, the Green Energy act and yesterday, sacked the CEO of Hydro One and the entire Board of Directors for the Corporation.

With regards to the last point - it was a great bit of theater, but when Doug was asked repeatedly at a very brief news conference HOW doing this would actually reduce electrical costs he had no answer - babbling on about being "for the People" etc . . . Meanwhile the Energy Minister ignored questions from the press completely!

I'm already used to the head-the-sand approach. If that's what the people of Ontario wanted, that's what they got for a government!

It might be simpler and more honest of Doug just came out and said, "we hate Kathleen Wynne and the Liberals, and anything with her/their name on it is going to go"! Then we're clear! :-)

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Fleck wrote:
And so it continues.

Doug Ford scrapped in the last few days the progressive Sex Ed curriculum, the Green Energy act and yesterday, sacked the CEO of Hydro One and the entire Board of Directors for the Corporation.

With regards to the last point - it was a great bit of theater, but when Doug was asked repeatedly at a very brief news conference HOW doing this would actually reduce electrical costs he had no answer - babbling on about being "for the People" etc . . . Meanwhile the Energy Minister ignored questions from the press completely!

I'm already used to the head-the-sand approach. If that's what the people of Ontario wanted, that's what they got for a government!

It might be simpler and more honest of Doug just came out and said, "we hate Kathleen Wynne and the Liberals, and anything with her/their name on it is going to go"! Then we're clear! :-)

I'm not against him firing the "six million dollar man" at Hydro but I really believe that Doug doesn't have a fucking clue as what he's doing. Remember how clueless he was at the debate. The Cons still don't have a plan and are going to wing it as they go. The next four years are going to be a real shit show in Ontario. Between the Doug and the Donald I'll be going through a lot of popcorn.
Quote Reply
Re: And So It Begins! [cerveloguy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I'm not against him firing the "six million dollar man" at Hydro but I really believe that Doug doesn't have a fucking clue as what he's doing. Remember how clueless he was at the debate. The Cons still don't have a plan and are going to wing it as they go.

This was all about the theater and the spectacle and not really giving Doug any credit, but following through on something he promised to do during the campaign, to make him look like some kind of hero . . . to his base!

Because that's REALLY who this sort of thing is directed at. $6million in salary is a lot of money, but it's not out of line with other C-Level execs running companies of similar size! Ask some of Doug's base "folks", if they are OK with the CEO of wherever they bank making 2X that amount of money?? They will have no answer because they have not even thought about that.

Of course, the real irony is this will do NOTHING to the actual price of electricity. In fact Hydro One does not even regulate that!!

An even richer irony is here is Doug, essentially firing a CEO and the board of a Corporation for being incompetent, when allegedly, Doug is the guy who has run is much smaller company (Deco Labels) into the ground recently - according to documents filed in a recent Law Suit by the late Rob Ford's wife!!

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Doug expected to make an announcement today about Buck-a-Beer - https://www.theglobeandmail.com/...k-a-beer-plan-today/

Good grief - how many badly duped by this during the election. Doug will bluster on about "Promises made and promises kept" - but this is more theater and making a BIG deal about something that does nothing!

Meanwhile Doug & Co. have been ruthlessly slashing all kinds of government programs, and even meddling in Toronto politics, for no reason other than revenge and spite!

It's been an interesting first month - and none of it good-interesting!

Last edited by: Fleck: Aug 7, 18 6:58
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
That’s easy no one wants any political experience. Why in the world would you want to deal with the constant barrage of crap from the media everyday, along with them digging into everything in your life not stop before you get elected.

Any sane person is saying screw that I’ll keep doing what I’m doing now. You’d have to be at least a little mental insane to even throw your hat in.
Quote Reply
Re: And So It Begins! [Grant.Reuter] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Why in the world would you want to deal with the constant barrage of crap from the media everyday, along with them digging into everything in your life not stop before you get elected

There are many decent, good and hard working people in politics.* Politicians like Doug Ford though have over the last number of years gone out of their way to demonize politicians - which begs the question, why Doug, are you and your family, essentially career politicians?

If you have nothing to hide - then the media will find nothing on you!* People and politicians like Doug are constantly on the defensive because, the media are constantly finding, objectionable behavior, dishonesty, hypocrisy, incompetence and instances where Doug has been factually wrong (many instances!).

*I have several close friends who have gone into politics. One is elected Municipally. Two others have been elected as MP's at the Federal level in Ottawa and one has been an MPP at Queens Park - they range across the political spectrum. They are all some of the hardest working people I know. The job IS 24/7 when you are elected into these positions. No one is sitting around doing nothing. They are/were all VERY passionate about representing their constituents.

Maybe when Doug is disparaging Politicians - he's talking about himself!!- http://spacing.ca/...arently-very-little/

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
For those in Ontario, and following the Doug Ford, saga Doug had quite a week last week. Wow!

Since the election, I've written my Conservative MPP, who is a Cabinet Minister (Health), three eMails - three nicely written and polite eMails in opposition, and I've heard nothing back. Not even one of those auto-response responses, that you often get from politicians "Thank you for your eMail. We have received it and will be back to you shortly".

Doug has been avoiding the media like the plague. He has not had one, interview with any major media outlet since being elected 6-months ago. Almost every request, of a Cabinet Minister, for an interview or comment, goes unanswered.

Quote Reply