Ventum IronMan
Quote | Reply

Anyone got a spare 15K laying around?

https://ventumracing.com/ironman/
Last edited by: alexanderzlenz: Jun 20, 18 13:29
Quote Reply
Re: Ventum IronMan [alexanderzlenz] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
After the Ceepo concept thread, I figured this would have some interesting opinions..
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Who puts Rubinos on a $15k bike??

Alex Arman

Strava
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I got that email today and I almost went through the roof.

The subject line of the email was....

No downtube. No seatstays. No competition.

I have a Dimond. I just saw the email subject splash across my iPhone screen and was certain that WTC just banned bike like Dimond or Ventum or P5X. I read it literally. As in, "If you have a bike without a downtube or seatstays that you're not competing."

It's kind of a poorly phrased subject header. Or I'm a dumbass. :-)

Favorite Gear: Dimond | Cadex | Desoto Sport | Hoka One One
Quote Reply
Re: Ventum IronMan [The GMAN] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Not sure how you thought that’s what it meant...it means the Ventum has no competition because it’s unique

Make Inside Out Sports your next online tri shop! http://www.insideoutsports.com/
Quote Reply
Re: Ventum IronMan [BryanD] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
A swine & some lipstick = an inescapable truth.

http://www.fitspeek.com the Fraser Valley's fitness, wellness, and endurance sports podcast
Quote Reply
Re: Ventum IronMan [BryanD] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
BryanD wrote:
Not sure how you thought that’s what it meant...it means the Ventum has no competition because it’s unique

No shit.

Like I said, all I saw was the subject line.

Favorite Gear: Dimond | Cadex | Desoto Sport | Hoka One One
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
These guys should spend less on advertising / marketing and more on making a better bike. After all this time, still a generic, slow, China carbon open mold front end. On a $15K bike. No thanks...I’ll ride my 2011 Cervelo P4.
Quote Reply
Re: Ventum IronMan [kileyay] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Also, it's as ugly as shit.
Quote Reply
Re: Ventum IronMan [knighty76] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
This will be a perfect compliment to my Ironman Blender.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Buy one and you get can a FREE entry to ANY IRONMAN race during the 2018 or 2019 season (non championship race).

blog
Quote Reply
Re: Ventum IronMan [stevej] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
'Free' - For the entry level price of one 7,725.00 frameset or if you're feeling luxurious, you can spend 15,300 for a complete bike to gain entry to your race of choice.

I will admit, I like the colorway designs of these bikes but I'm not too keen on the pricetag.

Although.... I would look good on it commuting to work while wearing my mDot logo business shirt.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
A hypothetical question: If you ride a bike like that you will become a moving add for Ironman so how much would Ironman have to subsidise the cost of the bike before you think its a good deal?

I ask because it raises an interesting possibility. A company like Ventum could partner with another company and release a special edition bike for less than their normal bikes but with a ridiculously loud paint job for advertising purposes. Say the bike sells for $500 off the normal price (the partnering company subsides the reduction in price and the main company also takes a small hit) would you be tempted? What if the bike in question as $2k rather than $15k?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I like it . . . But, no disc brakes!!

David
* Ironman for Life! (Blog) * IM Everyday Hero Video * Daggett Shuler Law *
Disclaimer: I have personal and professional relationships with many athletes, vendors, and organizations in the triathlon world.
Quote Reply
Re: Ventum IronMan [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
The color scheme is great, I love it. But any Ventum is just way too expensive for what I'd want to spend on a bike. It's almost 2.5 times the price of a Tactical.
Quote Reply
Re: Ventum IronMan [Benv] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I'm not personally interested in the bike, but am kind of surprised at the comments about the price.
Almost every tri bike company has a bike at that price point now.

Felt IA FRD
P5X
Dimond Marquise

I'm sure there are others...
Quote Reply
Re: Ventum IronMan [SBRcanuck] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Slowtwitch price whiners have short term memories.

Make Inside Out Sports your next online tri shop! http://www.insideoutsports.com/
Quote Reply