Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

China, Have You Met My Friend, Mexico
Quote | Reply
On the heels of China's awesome comment about building walls being foolish, Mexico has some awesomeness of their own.

http://www.msn.com/...r-AAyS6Dx?ocid=ientp

Mexico's foreign minister Luis Videgaray on Tuesday described the separation of children from immigrant parents at the U.S.-Mexico border as "cruel and inhumane" and urged the United States to reconsider its policy.

Videgaray told a news conference that the Mexican government had made its position on the matter clear to the U.S. government and had also raised the issue with senior U.N. officials, including U.N. Secretary-General Antonio Guterres.

If I understand this, your Country is such a shitshow that people are pouring out of it. But you feel free to criticize ours?

You really can't make this stuff up.
Quote Reply
Re: China, Have You Met My Friend, Mexico [DJRed] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Looks like you don’t understand it.

People are leaving Mexico because they perceive there to be better opportunities for their families in the US.

And the Mexican foreign minister is criticising, very specifically, the policy and conduct of the US Govt as promulgated by Trump. He’s not criticising the country of the United States.

Apart from that though, you were spot on in every respect.
Quote Reply
Re: China, Have You Met My Friend, Mexico [Greg66] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Greg66 wrote:

People are leaving Mexico because they perceive there to be better opportunities for their families in the US.

And the Mexican foreign minister is criticising, very specifically, the policy and conduct of the US Govt as promulgated by Trump. He’s not criticising the country of the United States.

I have been duly embarrassed by your political speak ("better opportunities").

Kinda like an abused woman leaves her husband because she perceives there to be better opportunities.

Or like somebody leaves Compton for better opportunities.

Mexico has no standing to lecture any Country on how it treats its citizens.

Wait, imagine if more people were like me and would call Mexico out on the trainwreck that is their Country. I wonder if that would be a humane thing to do?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Sound a lot like criticizing another country about crime and immigration using false statements.

How dare they do such a thing!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
So all the families being seperated are Mexican?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Just a side note: Not all of the people crossing the Mexico-U.S. border are from Mexico. Many are coming from Honduras and other Central American countries.

Travis Rassat
Vector Cycle Works
Noblesville, IN
BikeFit Instructor | FMS | F.I.S.T. | IBFI
Toughman Triathlon Series Ambassador
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Quote:

Boo-hoo.

Quote:

Wait, imagine if more people were like me and would call Mexico out on the trainwreck that is their Country.
I wonder if that would be a humane thing to do?

Look, you have never made a single independent post that isn't a tired retread of the past twenty years of conservative talk radio. When you say it, it is merely a redundant and pointless thing to do.
Last edited by: oldandslow: Jun 19, 18 12:31
Quote Reply
Re: China, Have You Met My Friend, Mexico [oldandslow] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
oldandslow wrote:
Quote:

Boo-hoo.

Quote:

Wait, imagine if more people were like me and would call Mexico out on the trainwreck that is their Country.

Look, you have never made a single independent post that isn't a tired retread of the past twenty years of conservative talk radio. When you say it, it is merely a redundant and pointless thing to do.

Feel free not to read it then.
Quote Reply
Re: China, Have You Met My Friend, Mexico [Travis R] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Travis R wrote:
Just a side note: Not all of the people crossing the Mexico-U.S. border are from Mexico. Many are coming from Honduras and other Central American countries.

Great! Then instead of just criticizing and trying to change our policies, Mexico can step up and have all these immigrants stay there.

Or is Mexico just the governmental version of everyone on social media...happy to criticize and lecture, but not really interested in doing anything.

Oh, it just hit me. Those coming from Honduras and other Central American countries are passing right through Mexico because it's a shitshow.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
DJRed wrote:
oldandslow wrote:
Quote:

Boo-hoo.

Quote:

Feel free not to read it then.

No, read them but don't take them that seriously.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
DJRed wrote:
Travis R wrote:

Great! Then instead of just criticizing and trying to change our policies, Mexico can step up and have all these immigrants stay there.

Or is Mexico just the governmental version of everyone on social media...happy to criticize and lecture, but not really interested in doing anything.

Oh, it just hit me. Those coming from Honduras and other Central American countries are passing right through Mexico because it's a shitshow.

They do, they are more evil then the US

https://www.cnn.com/...-response/index.html

According to statistics from the US and Mexican governments compiled by the nonpartisan Migration Policy Institute, Mexico in 2015 apprehended tens of thousands more Central Americans in its country than the US did at its border, and in 2015 and 2016 it deported roughly twice as many Central Americans as the US did.

"I think I've cracked the code. double letters are cheaters except for perfect squares (a, d, i, p and y). So Leddy isn't a cheater... "
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
because it's a shitshow

What does it mean when, for the last several years, more undocumented have returned to Mexico from the US than have entered the US from Mexico? This has been going on before Trump can on to the scene, so it's not a result of his supposed get tough stance. Could it be that Mexico is not the shit show you claim it to be?

Or perhaps Mexico is doing what the US or any other country does -- speaking up for its citizens even though they may be abroad.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
DJRed wrote:
Travis R wrote:

I'm confused. Are you pissed because Mexico is being hypocritical, or are you pissed because they're right?

''The enemy isn't conservatism. The enemy isn't liberalism. The enemy is bulls**t.''

—Lars-Erik Nelson
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
DJRed wrote:
Travis R wrote:

Why is BK allowed to have two Slowtwitch accounts?
Quote Reply
Re: China, Have You Met My Friend, Mexico [Kay Serrar] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Kay Serrar wrote:
DJRed wrote:
Travis R wrote:

Why is BK allowed to have two Slowtwitch accounts?

More like DJDuffy. A lot of familiar BS spewing.

===============
Proud member of the MSF (Maple Syrup Mafia)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Actually, given the United States' track record of exporting violence across the globe, we're the ones who have no standing to critique the moral position of any other country on this planet. We're so bloodthirsty and gun-centric that U.S. guns are smuggled into Mexico at a rate approximately 17x greater than the number of guns actually sold in Mexico. Our drone strikes are responsible for thousands of deaths annually across the globe. Our economic policies and enforcement via CIA operations has caused nearly irreparable harm in many nations. Our meddling in foreign elections so we get our candidate has caused catastrophe. We have a disastrous wealth divide in this country and current economic policies of this and prior administrations perpetuates it. Our government's slow response to our own people in Puerto Rico caused many more deaths than necessary following the hurricane and has still left the island in disarray.

We don't have the moral high ground. At all. We perhaps have moral equality because our people do a lot of great things across the globe, but our government cannot make the claim of being the "shining city on a hill" unless shining means lobbing bombs.

DJRed wrote:
Greg66 wrote:

I have been duly embarrassed by your political speak ("better opportunities").

Kinda like an abused woman leaves her husband because she perceives there to be better opportunities.

Or like somebody leaves Compton for better opportunities.

Wait, imagine if more people were like me and would call Mexico out on the trainwreck that is their Country. I wonder if that would be a humane thing to do?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply

Would it be humane for other developed countries to call out the train wreck of the large U.S inner cities? I wonder how your country would react?
Quote Reply