Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Help me to tune my bike fit for IM 70.3 Lahti
Quote | Reply
In a bit more than a week I will be racing IM 70.3 Lahti and hoping to beat my bike record 2:31from last year (different race but more or less similar profile) by more than a minute or two. Last year NP 198, average power 195. This is my third season in tri, swimming BOP, bike MOP or better and runnning FOP.

Current fit is bit lower and a bit longer than last year. Sorry no exact stack height and reach available. Now my fit feels very comfortable.

I’m 165cm, 69kg. Bike is Canyon Speedmax CF (2017 model) size S, stem Aeria Ultimate 100mm, 165mm cranks, saddle Specialized Sitero. Helmet Scott Cadence Plus.

I’ll appreciate any comments to make my fit faster. Yes, I know I should take a professional fit session, but it seems possible only after this racing season.

Last edited by: timppis: Jun 19, 18 10:28
Quote Reply
Re: Help me to tune my bike fit for IM 70.3 Lahti [timppis] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I'll be at lähti too. My recommendation is don't change anything this close if you are comfortable. Clothes or kit changes are OK if you test them out.
Are you based in Finland?
Quote Reply
Re: Help me to tune my bike fit for IM 70.3 Lahti [bluntandy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
bluntandy wrote:
I'll be at lähti too. My recommendation is don't change anything this close if you are comfortable. Clothes or kit changes are OK if you test them out.
Are you based in Finland?

No major changes planned :) at the same time thinking already future races and fit for those.

Yes, I’m based in Finland, about 120km from Lahti. I’ll race in 35-39 AG. Welcome to Finland! Today I read from Finnish Facebook forum that the roads are in good condition (at least in Finnish standards), only a small section with rough surface.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
i wouldn't change anything with a race a bit more than a week out. in the long term i'd probably look for more reach to help you - if you want to - flatten out your back a bit more and relax a bit better into your armpads.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
You'll be in my age group! I'm coming down from Tampere. I'll be on a P4 with disc and H3 front wheel. Say hi when you pass me.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
bluntandy wrote:
You'll be in my age group! I'm coming down from Tampere. I'll be on a P4 with disc and H3 front wheel. Say hi when you pass me.

Also from Tampere 😀👍
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
people on P4s don't get passed. We pass every else. :D
Quote Reply