Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Changing in T2 - Ironman Distance
Quote | Reply
Has anyone changed from the bike shorts/tri shorts into running shorts for the marathon ?

last week i changed and had a WAY more comfortable run. thoughts?
Quote Reply
Re: Changing in T2 - Ironman Distance [Britri1984] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I haven't - well, I haven't done a 140.6 yet - but considering it for IMLP next month. Thinking my trisuit will get me through the swim and bike, then change to running shorts and top for the run.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I almost always do, takes about 15 seconds, way more comfortable
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I did for both of my IM's and still managed to beat most of my friends in transition despite their wearing a tri kit throughout the entire race. I think it's a great idea, depending on your goals. If you are looking at qualifying for Kona, probably not as every second counts. If you're just out there racing yourself, then go for it. Comfort is important if you're going to be out there for 12+ hours.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I recommend wearing a cycling jersey for the ride. I wore a tri top in my first full ironman and I ended up with a sunburn/tanline that looked like I had been wearing a sports bra. I guess it went pretty deep, because it stayed for about 6 months and all of my runner friends gave me crap about it.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I recall Ironman Canada 2006 spectating on South Main street in Penticton and wondering why some crazy fast runner was out on the run course with the triathletes.
It was Jasper Blake blazing out a 2:48 run split in a singlet and run shorts to win the race.

I've never changed, but I don't think it's a bad idea.
Quote Reply