Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Two Ways to Handle Immigration [trail] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
People with 1/2 my income in my wife's home country have personal drivers, maids, nannys, landscapers, cooks, etc. Sign me up for this lottery...I could use the help.
Quote Reply
Re: Two Ways to Handle Immigration [trail] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
trail wrote:
GreenPlease wrote:
DJRed wrote:
We could have a lottery. Everyone who supports letting these undocumented immigrants into the USA signs up for a lottery. When we catch an illegal immigrant at the border, we pull a lottery number. Bam! Whoever's number is pulled becomes the sponsor for that immigrant/family and is secondarily responsible for their actions. We also set the immigrants up with housing in the lottery-winner's neighborhood. I like this idea because it gives all those people lecturing on social media a way to actually stand behind their convictions.

Who's in?

I like this idea.

OK. But we have to be fair and go both ways. People who oppose undocumented immigrants are only allowed to eat produced picked by a whiny millennial at $50/hr and only allowed to stay at the Four Seasons with beds made by $75/hr millennials. And they aren't allowed to eat tacos or burritos at all since probably the entire value-added chain from raw grains to cooking to serving involves undocumented labor. :)

You assume only undocumented immigrants will do those jobs. What's wrong with legal immigrants, from the same countries doing those jobs? I have zero beef with them coming here for a better life. My problem is sneaking in the back door.
Quote Reply
Re: Two Ways to Handle Immigration [Dapper Dan] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
People with 1/2 my income in my wife's home country have personal drivers, maids, nannys, landscapers, cooks, etc. Sign me up for this lottery...I could use the help.

I'm in the Philippines now, a country where 1/2 my income would allow all those things so could you show me how I can make my income in Canada while living in the Philippines? I think you came up with a loophole no one else saw coming.

That would be great and I thank you in advance. I'm rushing out now to start hiring people.
Last edited by: Sanuk: Jun 20, 18 18:11
Quote Reply

Prev Next