Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

"The Fool Builds Walls"
Quote | Reply

http://www.msn.com/...r-AAyNdbs?ocid=ientp

Ya know, there's this thing called the Great Wall of China.

Never mind.
Last edited by: DJRed: Jun 18, 18 11:20
Quote Reply
Re: "The Fool Builds Walls" [DJRed] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
DJRed wrote:

Never mind.

Yes, because China's statement was obviously referring to physical walls, and not barriers to trade.
Quote Reply
Re: "The Fool Builds Walls" [WelshinPhilly] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
WelshinPhilly wrote:
DJRed wrote:

Never mind.

Yes, because China's statement was obviously referring to physical walls, and not barriers to trade.

...and you don't think the choice of language was at all intentional?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
DJRed wrote:
WelshinPhilly wrote:
DJRed wrote:

Never mind.

Absolutely.. they're obviously trying to goad him into building some new bridges (actual bridges).
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
If a wall had been built years ago, Kate Steinle and many other innocent Americans might not now be separated from their parents.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
WelshinPhilly wrote:
DJRed wrote:
WelshinPhilly wrote:
DJRed wrote:

Never mind.

Absolutely.. they're obviously trying to goad him into building some new bridges (actual bridges).

Don't bother arguing with people who are mentally challenged.

Hey, I haven't been down in the US since October. Is America Great Again yet?

How does Danny Hart sit down with balls that big?
Quote Reply
Re: "The Fool Builds Walls" [Jim @ LOTO, MO] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Jim @ LOTO, MO wrote:
If a wall had been built years ago, Kate Steinle and many other innocent Americans might not now be separated from their parents.

I agree 100% that Aaron Rodgers should've thrown that ball away. When facing up Shaq there is no if or but, it's show time. Oh well, when Slash finds his missing '59 Les Paul we'll all sleep better.
Quote Reply
Re: "The Fool Builds Walls" [BLeP] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
BLeP wrote:
WelshinPhilly wrote:
DJRed wrote:
WelshinPhilly wrote:
DJRed wrote:

Never mind.

I'm seeing a lot less of those natty red Chinese-manufactured high-quality "Make America Great Again" hats being worn, so I think so, yes. I think we can declare Mission Accomplished.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
BLeP wrote:
WelshinPhilly wrote:
DJRed wrote:
WelshinPhilly wrote:
DJRed wrote:

Never mind.

You have such a case of TDS you don't even realize my OP was a shot at the stupidity of the statement by China. It has nothing to do with Trump pro or con.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
DJRed wrote:
BLeP wrote:
WelshinPhilly wrote:
DJRed wrote:
WelshinPhilly wrote:
DJRed wrote:

Never mind.

You have such a case of TDS you don't even realize my OP was a shot at the stupidity of the statement by China. It has nothing to do with Trump pro or con.

There was nothing wrong with the statement.

So is America Great Again yet?

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
DJRed wrote:

So you think it is a sign of stupidity to acknowledge your own mistakes? Or the mistakes of past governments? So it is smart to stick by every previous action?

Also, I don't believe BLeP has TDS, since they probably did not vote for Trump.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
DJRed wrote:

Never mind.

"China’s official Xinhua news agency added: “The wise man builds bridges, the fool builds walls. With economic globalisation there are no secluded and isolated islands.”"

Erecting walls to global trade in 2018 isn't the same as building a stone wall 500+ years ago during the Ming dynasty. (Which ended up being not effective at keeping out the invading Manchus in the 17th century. Sort of like building the Maginot Line, trying to keep out the Germans. Sort of like building a wall between the US and Mexico, but at least we'll get Mexico to pay for it!)

"Human existence is based upon two pillars: Compassion and knowledge. Compassion without knowledge is ineffective; Knowledge without compassion is inhuman." Victor Weisskopf.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
BLeP wrote:
DJRed wrote:
BLeP wrote:
WelshinPhilly wrote:
DJRed wrote:
WelshinPhilly wrote:
DJRed wrote:

Never mind.

There was nothing wrong with the statement.

-
Apparently, many people are pretty happy with the direction:
-
WASHINGTON, D.C. -- Thirty-eight percent of Americans are satisfied with the way things are going in the United States today, similar to last month's 37% satisfaction rate but marking the numerical high since a 39% reading in September 2005.
-
https://news.gallup.com/...aches-year-high.aspx
Quote Reply
Re: "The Fool Builds Walls" [dave_w] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
So America is Great Again! 38% say yes!!!

Quote Reply
Re: "The Fool Builds Walls" [dave_w] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
dave_w wrote:
BLeP wrote:

-
-
WASHINGTON, D.C. -- Thirty-eight percent of Americans are satisfied with the way things are going in the United States today, similar to last month's 37% satisfaction rate but marking the numerical high since a 39% reading in September 2005.
-
So 62% are not happy?

"Human existence is based upon two pillars: Compassion and knowledge. Compassion without knowledge is ineffective; Knowledge without compassion is inhuman." Victor Weisskopf.
Quote Reply
Re: "The Fool Builds Walls" [Alvin Tostig] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Alvin Tostig wrote:
dave_w wrote:
BLeP wrote:

-
-
-

So 62% are not happy?
-
Well, more people are happy than at any time during the Obama presidency...so Trump has that going for him. #winning! lol
Quote Reply
Re: "The Fool Builds Walls" [Alvin Tostig] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
"China’s official Xinhua news agency added: “The wise man builds bridges, the fool builds walls. With economic globalisation there are no secluded and isolated islands.”"

In China's case, they build bridges to rape other countries of their natural resources, which is their sole motivation. If you're from China it would be considered wise but if you're from any of the countries where they've taken control, it's called economic blackmail.

The real wise person wouldn't trust anything China does or says.
Quote Reply
Re: "The Fool Builds Walls" [Sanuk] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Sanuk wrote:

In China's case, they build bridges to rape other countries of their natural resources, which is their sole motivation. If you're from China it would be considered wise but if you're from any of the countries where they've taken control, it's called economic blackmail.

The real wise person wouldn't trust anything China does or says.

Both your statement, and the one of China regarding economic globalization, are both true, IMO.

Long Chile was a silly place.
Quote Reply
Re: "The Fool Builds Walls" [chaparral] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
chaparral wrote:
DJRed wrote:

So you think it is a sign of stupidity to acknowledge your own mistakes? Or the mistakes of past governments? So it is smart to stick by every previous action?

It's pretty stupid for a country home to the "Great Wall" to talk about it being foolish to build walls.

Just because it was said to be a shot at Trump doesn't mean you have to defend it.

Stupid is stupid.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
DJRed wrote:
chaparral wrote:
DJRed wrote:

It's pretty stupid for a country home to the "Great Wall" to talk about it being foolish to build walls.

Just because it was said to be a shot at Trump doesn't mean you have to defend it.

Stupid is stupid.

Maybe ancient structures shouldn't be the basis for how a country behaves in the present. Maybe you someone can acknowledge that the great wall was not the most effective solution, but is an impressive achievement that attracts tourists.

So just to be clear, you want to ignore the wisdom of statement to make a cheap joke. But China is the stupid one?
Quote Reply