Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

How was your week? June 18 Edition
Quote | Reply
How are you and how was your week?

maybe she's born with it, maybe it's chlorine
If you're injured and need some sympathy, PM me and I'm very happy to write back.
disclaimer: PhD not MD
Quote Reply
Re: How was your week? June 18 Edition [Dr. Tigerchik] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Quote:
Running a 5k this Saturday and I am excited to race. Nooo idea what sort of speed I have right now, but I like racing and it's a local thing for a good cause. Goals are to get legs somewhat rested for that, swim a bunch, make serious progress on schoolwork.

The race was fun; I ran 24:11 (7:48/mi) and was pretty happy with that time. 5th FOV. Pleased with myself for not running on Thurs., which helped get my legs rested a bit, and I swam more than last week. I also had a productive week of schoolwork!

M: 10.2 mi run
T: 7.2 mi run + 2025 yd swim
W: 6.6 mi run + 1325 yd swim
T: 2.3 mi walk + 1650 yd swim
F: 6.6 mi run + 1825 yd swim
S: 5k race (8.5 mi total) + 1325 yd swim
S: 6.5 mi run

goals this week: do my hip/glute exercises from the PT every day (except possibly today, as I'm traveling - day in Boston!) as my hamstring is a little sore again, day off from running, swim a bunch, serious progress on schoolwork. Spending a couple days house/dog sitting for my aunt, and I am looking forward to that.

Hope everyone is well.

If you're injured and need some sympathy, PM me and I'm very happy to write back.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Sounds like a good week for you, Dr. T.C. I'm working to get back into a training schedule, with focus on cycling time trials. This week's goal is PT home exercises every day; 3 swims; 3 walk/jog; and 6 bikes.

No coasting in running and no crying in baseball
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I won my AG in an open water swim race! And there were other gals in the AG. HA! My first open water swim in at least 2, if not 3, years so my original goal was to just finish. I was 16th out of 26 overall and swam a good 5 minutes faster than I thought I would, so I'm pretty happy with it. I entered the 800m since that seemed doable and I kind of decided late in the game to actually race. Next year I'll probably do the 2.5K. They also had a 5K.

Mon. Swim 2,050 SCY (58 min)
Tue. Strength - gym (55 min)
Wed. Swim 1,700 LCM (51 min)
Thur. Strength - home (40 min)
Fri. Swim 2,200 SCY (58 min)
Sat. Bike 13.5 miles (1 hour) - 93F and 44% humidity
Sun. Swim race and warm-up 1,000 yds (30 min); yoga (1:33)
Total time: 7:32

I also went to my first level 1-2 Iyengar yoga class. I've been doing the beginner class for a year and the level 1-2 class was an eye opener! Lots of different poses, so it's good for me to try this class out.

clm

clm
Nashville, TN
https://twitter.com/ironclm | http://ironclm.typepad.com
Quote Reply
Re: How was your week? June 18 Edition [ironclm] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
congrats on the AG win!

Quote Reply
Re: How was your week? June 18 Edition [ironclm] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Congrats on the win ironclm!
Dr TC - good work on your race.
Tri3 - happy training.

I had a good week last week and the highlight was a decent ride outdoors on the TT bike followed by a well-paced (for me) run. I didn't get to swim in the lake (it was storming) but I did find out that they have an aqua splash set up nearby: http://www.sylvanlakeaquasplash.ca/ so maybe an hour having fun on there can be my reward if I get over my anxieties.

This week has been going well; things are getting busy as a course I am on is coming to an end so there's presentations to be recorded, assignments to be turned in and an exam on Saturday. Just taking it one thing at a time.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Hi Womens,

I hope everyone is doing well.

Thanks for your messages.

I had a bad cycling accident at a 70.3 a few weeks ago. I am doing much better now but have had my share of stitches, plates, pins, and screws.

I feel incredibly lucky to have walked away with broken bones and road rash. As you may have guessed, my season is over and I have no races on the calendar.

When things are a little better, I'll start a PT program which will be most of what I do for a while. I'll update y'all here sporadically since it'll be pretty boring for a while.

It'll be a while before I'm swimming but I'm hoping to get on a stationary bike once my stitches come out and get back to running once my sling is off.

I have some details on my Instagram and will continue to update there as I recover -- if anyone wants to read more.

Wishing you all happy training.

(Formerly SoCalTricurious, now in the PNW).
Quote Reply
Re: How was your week? June 18 Edition [SoCalTricurious] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Hello, everyone! I hope all of you are having a great week so far.

Dr. Tigerchik wrote:
The race was fun; I ran 24:11 (7:48/mi) and was pretty happy with that time. 5th FOV.
Congrats on the speedy race! I hope house/dog sitting is going well.

Tri3 wrote:
I'm working to get back into a training schedule, with focus on cycling time trials. This week's goal is PT home exercises every day; 3 swims; 3 walk/jog; and 6 bikes.
Hopefully this is going well, too. Seems we are all doing PT lately... grumble grumble

ironclm wrote:
I won my AG in an open water swim race! And there were other gals in the AG. HA!
Congrats on the race!!!

Scheherazade wrote:
I had a good week last week and the highlight was a decent ride outdoors on the TT bike followed by a well-paced (for me) run.
Glad to hear the weather cooperated enough for an outdoor ride. Hope race training is feeling good for you.

SoCalTricurious wrote:
I had a bad cycling accident at a 70.3 a few weeks ago. I am doing much better now but have had my share of stitches, plates, pins, and screws.
Please take care of yourself so you can heal speedily. I was sorry to hear about your crash but also happy to see you will live to fight another day.

Last week was OK. I slacked on the PT but hit 10 miles of run/walking over three runs. I'm up to 3:30/2:00 x 4 run intervals with a walk warmup and cooldown. My knee is holding up ok; I get a twinge of discomfort here and there but no real pain, knock on wood. Right now the plan is to run/walk a fun 5K in a few weeks and perhaps do a (flat) duathlon at the end of the summer. I've never done a du so even if I am last, automatic PR! haha I also went for another outdoor ride on Saturday and my knee did pretty well on the mostly flat route as long as I didn't have it in too high a gear.

I moved up a blood draw and checkup to see if my anxiety/chest tightness is thyroid related. I've never been over-medicated before but it has been a while since I had my levels checked. I really do miss swimming (and using my gym membership...) but I want to get this worked out first. To be continued.

http://mediocremultisport.blogspot.com
Quote Reply
Re: How was your week? June 18 Edition [Midtown Miles] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Last week was wind-storms and pouring rain and this week is heat warnings. My run today was not pretty.

I like the idea of automatic PR at the du!
Quote Reply
Re: How was your week? June 18 Edition [SoCalTricurious] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Quote:
I had a bad cycling accident at a 70.3 a few weeks ago.

Crap. Sorry to hear that. Hope your recovery goes as quickly and well as it can.

No coasting in running and no crying in baseball
Quote Reply