Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Zwift olympic program and FTP builder
Quote | Reply
Anyone thinking of trying this or have thoughts on it? I figure the FTP builder should be good because its by a former pro (Marco Pinotti if I recall correctly), but also curious about thoughts on the Olympic distance program. Thanks all.

"see the world as it is not as you want it to be"
Quote Reply
Re: Zwift olympic program and FTP builder [TizzleDK] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
My wife is in the middle of the FTP builder. It looks similar to the TrainerRoad program which tends to be very well liked, so I'm guessing it will have a similar effect.

Too old to go pro but doing it anyway
http://instagram.com/tgarvey4
Quote Reply
Re: Zwift olympic program and FTP builder [MrRabbit] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Great thats kinda what I thought its sports science not rocket science. :)

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I've been disappointed with the quality and organization of the zwift structured workouts. I was a trainer road guy for several years and recently switched to zwift because its just more interesting. However I feel the trainer road product is much better at workout design and walking you through a progression week to week and month to month.
Quote Reply
Re: Zwift olympic program and FTP builder [tritontoby] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
tritontoby wrote:
I've been disappointed with the quality and organization of the zwift structured workouts. I was a trainer road guy for several years and recently switched to zwift because its just more interesting. However I feel the trainer road product is much better at workout design and walking you through a progression week to week and month to month.

there are brand new training programs avail. not sure if you're referring to these or the old ones.

80/20 Endurance Ambassador
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I figure the FTP builder should be good because its by a former pro (Marco Pinotti if I recall...[/quote]
I’ve done the 12 week FTP builder 3 or 4 times. It starts out very easy and slowly starts tighting the screws. It’s manageable to do and the first month is easy in the off-season.

Ad a triathlete I tend to modify the program as needed. Some 30-60’ recovery rides when I’m wrecked and a 2 or 3 x 20’ @ FTP workout 10 days before a short course race.

-------------------
Madison photographer Timothy Hughes | Instagram
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I did the short FTP builder program, I did all the workouts, but not on the prescribed days (I did 3-4 rides a week, and then would pick up where I left off the neck week) in the off season, and by the end on the re-test, my FTP was up about 70 watts...
Quote Reply
Re: Zwift olympic program and FTP builder [Trauma] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Nice. :)

Quote Reply