Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

2018 Felt IA16 Stack Height Issue
Quote | Reply
Please enlighten me on how to get a higher stack height than just using the 40mm threaded spacers. Looking at the Felt bayonet 3 aero bar manual it appears you can go all the way up to 90mm with the provided hardware. Just don't see how this is possible given the screw length provided and how it would work with the threaded spacers being threaded half way from each side. Looking to do the 40mm & 30mm threaded spacers with adj. bridge.

Any input is appreciated, thanks!
Quote Reply
Re: 2018 Felt IA16 Stack Height Issue [tjfreder] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
best solution is a bigger IA frame
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Pretty sure you've gotta use bolts from both the top and bottom thru the spacers. But dont qoute me on that
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Page 8

https://www.feltbicycles.com/...s/Bayonet3_Alloy.pdf

If you are missing the extra handlebar hardware/screw that should have come with your bike, head back to the LBS.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
tjfreder wrote:
Please enlighten me on how to get a higher stack height than just using the 40mm threaded spacers. Looking at the Felt bayonet 3 aero bar manual it appears you can go all the way up to 90mm with the provided hardware. Just don't see how this is possible given the screw length provided and how it would work with the threaded spacers being threaded half way from each side. Looking to do the 40mm & 30mm threaded spacers with adj. bridge.

Any input is appreciated, thanks!
Page 8 of the manual is pretty clear IMO.

The last row of the table spells out a stack height of 90mm which is the max available.
It requires a 40mm threaded spacer + 15mm of unthreaded spacers + a bridge. Spacers and bridge are mounted with a 35mm top bolt and a 25mm bottom bolt.
I think the bridge adds 5mm of height. 40+15+5 = 60mm
The 90mm is between centres. So you have to add the height from the centre of the base bar to the top of the basebar bracket. I'd guess that's at least 25mm, and the spacers meet the extension bracket below the centre line of the extension. I'm going to call that 5mm.

40+15+5+25+5 = 90mm

Assuming the bolts have to pass through an additional 10mm in each bracket (probably less than that), they span 80mm of spacers, bridges, and brackets. However they thread into a 40mm spacer and presumably don't need more than 10mm of thread engagement. So 60mm of bolts should be sufficient so long as the threaded spacer is in the correct position.

It sounds like you want to add 70mm of spacers by combining a 30mm and 40mm threaded spacer. However, you cannot use two threaded spacers per side at the same time. Also this exceeds the max height allowed as far as I'm aware.
Have you misinterpreted a 90mm stack as being 90mm of spacers?

It's 90mm between centres which is 55mm of spacers plus a bridge.
Quote Reply
Re: 2018 Felt IA16 Stack Height Issue [Ai_1] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Yep, I was thinking that you could just combine threaded spacers in which you pointed out that is not correct. Thanks for the detailed explanation!
Quote Reply
Re: 2018 Felt IA16 Stack Height Issue [Ai_1] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Do you need a special screw driver?
In Reply To:
Quote Reply