Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Anyone already ride the HED Vanquish yet?
Quote | Reply
If yes, what are they like? Is it a ‘hard’ carbon wheel like the zipps and others or is the rim ‘soft’ like the Jet’s? But mostly i like to know what tire width you are riding them, handling in the wind, etc.

I like to know some stuff before i pull thevplug on them.

Thanks

Owner at TRIPRO, The Netherlands
Quote Reply
Re: Anyone already ride the HED Vanquish yet? [TRIPRO] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
bumping this thread.....anyone??
Quote Reply
Re: Anyone already ride the HED Vanquish yet? [DFW_Tri] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
DFW_Tri wrote:

I've been running them this summer on my QR PR6 Disc. They're awesome - solid as can be and by far the most stable wheels I have ever ridden in crosswinds. I run 25mm Conti TTs on them to race and they balloon up to be almost a perfect match to the rim profile (30mm). For training, I use Vittoria Corsa G+ in 28mm and have never had any issues. Typically I run them at about 80psi (latex tubes) for training and closer to 90psi for racing (145lbs). I haven't set them up tubeless yet simply because I swap tires so often. I got mine from MBS when I originally bought my bike.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
TRIPRO wrote:
If yes, what are they like? Is it a ‘hard’ carbon wheel like the zipps and others or is the rim ‘soft’ like the Jet’s? But mostly i like to know what tire width you are riding them, handling in the wind, etc.

I like to know some stuff before i pull thevplug on them.

Thanks

Can't stand these wheels. They were shit from the get go and only proved worse from there.

Love APKTRI, but a set of Enve's would change his mind
Quote Reply
Re: Anyone already ride the HED Vanquish yet? [APKTRI] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
APKTRI wrote:
DFW_Tri wrote:

I've been running them this summer on my QR PR6 Disc. They're awesome - solid as can be and by far the most stable wheels I have ever ridden in crosswinds. I run 25mm Conti TTs on them to race and they balloon up to be almost a perfect match to the rim profile (30mm). For training, I use Vittoria Corsa G+ in 28mm and have never had any issues. Typically I run them at about 80psi (latex tubes) for training and closer to 90psi for racing (145lbs). I haven't set them up tubeless yet simply because I swap tires so often. I got mine from MBS when I originally bought my bike.

Out of curiosity, what is the measured width of the 28s on those rims and how much tire clearance do you have with them mounted on the PR6?
Quote Reply
Re: Anyone already ride the HED Vanquish yet? [GreenPlease] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
By my caliper it was between 28.5 and 30 with a 24c and 26c Spesh Turbo tubeless.
Quote Reply
Re: Anyone already ride the HED Vanquish yet? [kileyay] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Much appreciated.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Care to elaborate?? If you can’t pick my saddle you can at least help me pick a wheelset. Enve does have a 19mm internal rim width I thought you swore off.
Last edited by: DFW_Tri: Sep 7, 18 18:09
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Any particular reason(s)?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I have V6 for road and gravel. Just did Gravel Worlds with 35mm tires. Awesome wheels and solid fairing yes.

Best part for me is they are tubeless easy. Very easy! And reliable.

24 Hour World TT Champs-American record holder
Fat Bike Worlds - Race Director
Insta: chris.s.apex
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Gonna resurrect this thread.

Did you end up getting them? Thoughts?

Aaron Bales
Lansing Triathlon Team
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I'd also love to know what you didn't like about the Vanquish's, as they're one of the wheelsets I'm considering.
Quote Reply
Re: Anyone already ride the HED Vanquish yet? [MI_Mumps] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
No, in the end the distributor here didn’t have them in the 80 mm height. Currently ride the new FFWD 2 spoke wheels.
If you want something special, take a look at those wheels. Awesome on flat to rolling courses.

Jeroen

Owner at TRIPRO, The Netherlands
Quote Reply
Re: Anyone already ride the HED Vanquish yet? [el gato] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
el gato wrote:
I'd also love to know what you didn't like about the Vanquish's, as they're one of the wheelsets I'm considering.

FWIW, was riding with a friend from Sheeper who has a new pair and loves them.

ECMGN Therapy Silicon Valley:
Depression, Neurocognitive problems, Dementias (Testing and Evaluation), Trauma and PTSD, Traumatic Brain Injury (TBI)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Picked up a set of Vanquish 8’s,(not GP’s) for my beater/training wheels.
Bike is Cervelo P5D. Tires Conti GP 5000 with latex tubes.
Race wheels have been Zipp 858’s for the last year.
All my roads here are basically like the Waco 70.3 bike route.
First impression, they are smooth, really smooth. I was looking for gravel just to confirm how smooth they were. They push a little more than the 858’s in crosswind, freehub buzzes a bit but other than that I’m rethinking my Zipp fanboy status.
Hope to get out soon and do some TT testing with both sets.
Quote Reply